Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

I've heard that Dixeland Road in Rogers is going to be extended from Lowell, through Pleasant Crossing, to the existing street.

The city of Lowell wants to make the extension a retail and restaurant hub for the city.

This isn't news for Rogers but I think it has to do with this road extension. The first roundabout in NWA will be in Lowell apparently.

Edited by Mith242

Sounds interesting. :D

This will actually make the second Italian Restaurant to open in Downtown Rogers within 2 months.

The Bella Arti Ristorante opened in December. I haven't been yet, but they have a chef from Europe with a pretty good Italian menu. It's being called the best Italian Restaurant in Benton County and possibly in NWA.

• 1 month later...

:offtopic:

At some point I really need to find the time to go back up to Rogers and look around the Pinnacle Hills area. They had a live shot on KNWA from their Benton County studio. I didn't get a great look but I could see quite a few changes since I walked around there a few months ago.

Okay some more somewhat offtopic info. Has anyone heard of this new company that's making new conveyor belts for grocery stores? It apparently is a local company that started off in Rogers. What's different about this is that there are ads built into the conveyor belts. Apparently they've already got them into the Little Rock Kroger stores. Looks like Harps in NWA will be happening very soon with Ft Smith and some other cities in Arkansas happening a little later this year. They're also trying to get into the Memphis market as well. Sounds like the guy who started it all actually worked in a grocery store and the idea occured to him while checking people out. Just in case anyone has any interest in this, here's a link to their website.

http://www.envisionmarketinggroup.com/index.htm

Okay some more somewhat offtopic info. Has anyone heard of this new company that's making new conveyor belts for grocery stores? It apparently is a local company that started off in Rogers. What's different about this is that there are ads built into the conveyor belts. Apparently they've already got them into the Little Rock Kroger stores. Looks like Harps in NWA will be happening very soon with Ft Smith and some other cities in Arkansas happening a little later this year. They're also trying to get into the Memphis market as well. Sounds like the guy who started it all actually worked in a grocery store and the idea occured to him while checking people out. Just in case anyone has any interest in this, here's a link to their website.

http://www.envisionmarketinggroup.com/index.htm

Thats one I hadn't thought of. One of those million dollar ideas.

There's advertising in the restroom stalls, on the seat-back tray tables of airplanes, now on grocery checkout conveyor belts.

It makes me think of that Tom Cruise movie Minority Report where everything, down to cereal boxes, have video hologram advertisements on them.

Thats one I hadn't thought of. One of those million dollar ideas.

There's advertising in the restroom stalls, on the seat-back tray tables of airplanes, now on grocery checkout conveyor belts.

It makes me think of that Tom Cruise movie Minority Report where everything, down to cereal boxes, have video hologram advertisements on them.

I can actually say I've thought about it before but just shrugged it off. Maybe I shouldn't have. :lol: But yeah ads are going everywhere. I wonder how long before Fayetteville sets ordinances on them as well. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It looks like the Best Buy was approved on the City Planning Commissions list.

Great news to hear!!

Also, The Garden Inn and the Homewood Suites by Hilton are both under construction in Rogers.

Both are around 4-5 Floors tall and are located near the new Red Robin Burgers Restaurant.

Edited by mcheiss

I have found out that the Barber Group will be building a large upscale hotel off New Hope Rd. in Rogers!!!!!!

My guess is that this will be about 15-16 Floors, great news to hear!!!

Has this been made official then? I have heard news about the Barber Group doing some developments in Benton County but so far they mainly seem to be focusing on Fayetteville.