Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

Wow! The new Hunt building is going to be very impressive. The Pinnacle area as a whole is becoming a mini suburban Dallas look-a- like. As the area fills in and property becomes more expensive I would think that even taller buildings would be feasible. I guess the question is if they would be welcomed.

Edited by zman9810

I would think they would be welcome in that area; as long as they improve the area as a whole. Lots of people who live in the neighborhoods ear there work for companies that locate in those buildings. That area certainly is becoming an economic powerhouse.

Now they just need to build condos on top of the mall!

• Like 1

I think 10 stories is the height limit for that area, isn't it?

It would be cool to see residential towers built there or at least some mixed use development.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Modus do something near there in the future.  Land prices there are pretty crazy, though.  

I think 10 stories is the height limit for that area, isn't it?

It would be cool to see residential towers built there or at least some mixed use development.

10 stories is a start and glad to see more vertical buildings going up.  Next, I would love to see a 15 or 20 story tower.  Why not?  Many other cities and metros have buildings that tall. 

I would love to see:

1. Residential Tower/W or Westin Hotel Combo (maybe 20 stories)

2. A full service Marriott Hotel

We are in need of more full service hotels similar to Embassy Suites, but would love to see it more vertical.

10 stories is a start and glad to see more vertical buildings going up.  Next, I would love to see a 15 or 20 story tower.  Why not?  Many other cities and metros have buildings that tall. 

I would love to see:

1. Residential Tower/W or Westin Hotel Combo (maybe 20 stories)

2. A full service Marriott Hotel

We are in need of more full service hotels similar to Embassy Suites, but would love to see it more vertical.

I remember Barber had plans for a 22 story tall hotel across I49 back in the day. Somewhere back in time I think it was assured that the Embassy Suites would be the tallest building in that immediate area but the Hunt building will top that. Does any know if Rogers has a height limit for that area? I was thinking they did.

I remember Barber had plans for a 22 story tall hotel across I49 back in the day. Somewhere back in time I think it was assured that the Embassy Suites would be the tallest building in that immediate area but the Hunt building will top that. Does any know if Rogers has a height limit for that area? I was thinking they did.

If Rogers does have a height limit, then they should up it.  I want to see 20 stories.  Every time I go to Dallas, I feel like I'm in a big city.  There are many things about Dallas I do not like, such as all the concrete and less green space.  But I will say that if we have more vertical buildings, it will give us more of an urban feel.  Plus, the more height we build up near Interstate 49, the better is is for transportation and maybe a light rail one day.  We have to have density for mass transit to work. 

Yes, Barber did propose a 22 story building and it fell through since the recession hit.  Hopefully, someone will bring this back and do something really nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well said, Locketlady.

I've always thought that when the Pleasant Crossing area fills in is when it will REALLY hit us (driving from Jane, MO to West Fork) how big this area now is.  (The second area that will bolster this when it fills in is around ARVEST ballpark; the third area, IMO, will be the airport turnoff from I-49 in the future...and that's not even counting what could happen when the Bella Vista Bypass is finished.)

Well said, Locketlady.

I've always thought that when the Pleasant Crossing area fills in is when it will REALLY hit us (driving from Jane, MO to West Fork) how big this area now is. (The second area that will bolster this when it fills in is around ARVEST ballpark; the third area, IMO, will be the airport turnoff from I-49 in the future...and that's not even counting what could happen when the Bella Vista Bypass is finished.)

I'm trying to think of some big box retailers we are lacking. There's an outfit called Vonn's from Texas that's moving to the Memphis area. HH Gregg, Dick's, Micheals. any others? What's that recreation of Trees and Trends called? At Home?

Maybe relocations like a Hobby Lobby or ToysRus.

Edited by TRB

There's probably an opening for Michaels since Hobby Lobby is so far east in Rogers.  Don't know if they're opening many new stores anymore, but I could also see a Toys/Babies R Us combo (with each having a smaller footprint than a standalone store) as well.

Burlington Coat is the main anchor for Phase  Could we see a Dicks too? Not sure with its proximity to Academy...stay tuned

Are Dicks and Academy fairly close to each other in Fort Smith?  Though I would think this situation would be even closer.

Yes, basically across 540 from each other. Most other stores in that shopping center has a location other than Michaels and Books A Million along with the pad restarant that's a Cheddar's. That would be a good location for a Cheddar's.