Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

You must have had a field trip yesterday MasonsDad!! Great pics. :D

Have you been to the Red Robin yet?

If not I highly recommend it. They are extremly fast and the prices aren't that bad. I recommend the Hamburger with an egg on it. :thumbsup:

I had to go to Fayetteville on Friday so I decided it was a good opportunity to snap some pics on the way. I stayed out of Miths turf though... he is a much better photographer than I am. :D

Haven't tried Red Robin yet, but it's on my list of what seems like 100 restaurants to try out here in Benton County this year. Do they have a hamburger with cole slaw on it? :rolleyes:

More news for Rogers:

Red Lobster is scouting potential locations for a restaurant in Rogers. No actual sites have been confirmed, but several areas such as Pleasant Crossing, Pinnacle Springs, and Walnut St. are sure to be looked at.

I guess I had forgotten Red Lobster isn't up there.

I had to go to Fayetteville on Friday so I decided it was a good opportunity to snap some pics on the way. I stayed out of Miths turf though... he is a much better photographer than I am. :D

:lol: I certainly have no problem if anyone else would like to post some pics of Fayetteville. :D

More news for Rogers:

Red Lobster is scouting potential locations for a restaurant in Rogers. No actual sites have been confirmed, but several areas such as Pleasant Crossing, Pinnacle Springs, and Walnut St. are sure to be looked at.

I wish they'd start pulling some restaurants down here to Hwy 102. There's a lot of new development going on this side of 102, including the Harley Davidson shop, an Arvest branch, an expansion to NWACC, new industrial warehouses, a car wash, a nursing home, a few undisclosed businesses and there's a pretty new office park toward 13th Street. Also, Rogers has a huge Sports Park planned for a large property on 102 between 24th Street and Dixieland. Add the fact that when the 8th Street interchange is built it will divert a lot of traffic past the 102 interchange which should ease up congestion.

^

Don't forget the Sam's Club under construction next to the Neighborhood Market, along with the 100 Ft. Office Tower near the Rogers Airport, and a few parking garages at NWACC.

I think Bentonville is planning on marketing the land near the new Sam's Club as retail and restaurant land for the city.

^

Don't forget the Sam's Club under construction next to the Neighborhood Market, along with the 100 Ft. Office Tower near the Rogers Airport, and a few parking garages at NWACC.

I think Bentonville is planning on marketing the land near the new Sam's Club as retail and restaurant land for the city.

Dang! That's what they're building next to my Neighborhood Market? Oh wait a minute... then that development actually goes to Bentonville since Rogers actually starts on the east side of the Neighborhood Market. But it's still great news for 102. Now I can expect my rent to shoot up in the next couple years. No biggie, I'm probably going to move at the end of my lease. Maybe these new developments on 102 will start drawing some of Rogers' growth to the north and east instead of just the souuth and Walnut.

^

I wouldn't count on it. Most of the land to the North on 102 in Rogers is primed for either Residential-commercial or Light Commercial. I could see a few more restaurants and may'be a strip mall or two in that area, but nothing like the Promenade.

Oh, I definitely agree with you, but 102 has for many years had very little development and it's definitely picking up some up here. There's still plenty of land to develop on 102, but it is much less rural than it was a few years ago, let alone just last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone been on I-540 near the Walton Exit lately?

If so, you will see the Toyota and Scion Dealerships already constructed with light poles and everything up. It kind of snuck up on me, I was a bit suprised today. It's pretty huge as well.

The Mercy Health Hospital is coming along as well, with 4 stories down, another 5 to go.

Anyone been on I-540 near the Walton Exit lately?

If so, you will see the Toyota and Scion Dealerships already constructed with light poles and everything up. It kind of snuck up on me, I was a bit suprised today. It's pretty huge as well.

The Mercy Health Hospital is coming along as well, with 4 stories down, another 5 to go.

Yeah, the Toyota/Scion dealerships are going to be pretty impressive. Then the new Nissan dealership on Moberly will be just as impressive, if not even more so. I-540 in from Lowell to Bentonville is going to be the most impressive stretch of commercial interstate in NWA.

Yeah, the Toyota/Scion dealerships are going to be pretty impressive. Then the new Nissan dealership on Moberly will be just as impressive, if not even more so. I-540 in from Lowell to Bentonville is going to be the most impressive stretch of commercial interstate in NWA.

The Mazda Dealership isn't half bad either. It seems all the Auto Dealerships are moving to the Interstate.

Here's a pic of the Homewood Suites Hotel by Hilton in Rogers. It's across Walnut from the Scottsdale Center shopping center.

125596688_0fdc351795_o.jpg

I have noticed that some Springfield construction companies such as Flintco and Killian Co. have been doing alot of work down in NWA. It's also nice to see NWA getting a Homewood Suites.

It looks like Rogers is building a Harps on Locus and Second Street, which is real close to the downtown area. If any of you have seen the really big barbeque pit in the older part of town off second street, than the Harps will be right behind it.

Mith, you were right about Rogers looking into another Harps location, thanks for the insight. :thumbsup:

It looks like Rogers is planning on passing a city ordinance to ban chickens and roosters. The Ordinance will go to the City Council this week for approval. Apparently, the Mayors office has recieved plenty of complaints over the past year about the smells, early morning noises, and other mis. nuisances. Chickens would only be exempt in Agricultural areas designated by the city.

I guess I'm kind of mixed on this. Chickens have always been part of the Ozarks, and I feel that taking away another aspect like this is just another example of us killing what culture we have up here for a suburban state. I know Springdale passed this ordinance.

Any thoughts?

It looks like Rogers is planning on passing a city ordinance to ban chickens and roosters. The Ordinance will go to the City Council this week for approval. Apparently, the Mayors office has recieved plenty of complaints over the past year about the smells, early morning noises, and other mis. nuisances. Chickens would only be exempt in Agricultural areas designated by the city.

I guess I'm kind of mixed on this. Chickens have always been part of the Ozarks, and I feel that taking away another aspect like this is just another example of us killing what culture we have up here for a suburban state. I know Springdale passed this ordinance.

Any thoughts?

I think it's idiotic. A person should have the right to have a few chickens in his backyard if he wants. Having a chicken coop or breeding chickens shouldn't be allowed, but a few for eggs or neck-breaking should be allowed. My grandfather had chickens, rabbits and a virtual jungle in his backyard in the middle of a residential community as did most Puerto Ricans living in Florida. Whether the laws have banned them in the city I grew up in or not I don't know.

I am gonna have to differ on this one, I can't imagine waking up in town to a chicken in my neighbor's backyard. That's a reason Arkansas has the image it has. I would think most all non-rural towns and cities do not allow livestock in the city limits, and even a lot of small towns now.

I guess I can see both side to be honest. I just wonder if this could possibly become a big spectacle like some events here that tend to happen here in Fayetteville. But overall I would think that maybe they should consider banning them in at least certain parts of the city.