Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

I am gonna have to differ on this one, I can't imagine waking up in town to a chicken in my neighbor's backyard. That's a reason Arkansas has the image it has. I would think most all non-rural towns and cities do not allow livestock in the city limits, and even a lot of small towns now.

Bossier City allowed livestock inside the city limits up until about a decade ago. Growing up, we actually had neighbors who owned chickens and other farm animals IN the city.

But whoever mentioned Fort Worth is correct... they allow it, although I truly do believe it gives a 'backward' impression. And the name 'Cow Town' doesn't help either. You have cosmopolitan big-boy Dallas, and his hillbilly brother Ft. Worth two doors down, with the neighborhood park (Arlington) between them. At least that's the way I view it.

Bossier City allowed livestock inside the city limits up until about a decade ago. Growing up, we actually had neighbors who owned chickens and other farm animals IN the city.

But whoever mentioned Fort Worth is correct... they allow it, although I truly do believe it gives a 'backward' impression. And the name 'Cow Town' doesn't help either. You have cosmopolitan big-boy Dallas, and his hillbilly brother Ft. Worth two doors down, with the neighborhood park (Arlington) between them. At least that's the way I view it.

I guess it's just how you look at it. I'm sure there are people who prefer Ft Worth over Dallas. Of course since most of the forumers here are more pro-development I would imagine everyone here would prefer dallas over Ft Worth.

It looks like Rogers is building a Harps on Locus and Second Street, which is real close to the downtown area. If any of you have seen the really big barbeque pit in the older part of town off second street, than the Harps will be right behind it.

Mith, you were right about Rogers looking into another Harps location, thanks for the insight. :thumbsup:

This Harps will also have a Gas Station.

Another Grocery Store will be coming to the Downtown Area. I think it was a certain Supermercado that has a location in Springdale, will be coming to the old Foodtown Building.

This Harps will also have a Gas Station.

Another Grocery Store will be coming to the Downtown Area. I think it was a certain Supermercado that has a location in Springdale, will be coming to the old Foodtown Building.

Looks like Rogers may actually be turning their attention to the downtown area. Very good.

Mith, since you work for Harps, do you know why Harps has all the sudden decided to come to an area near the downtown district, which has had very little growth the past 10 years?

I imagine part of it has to do with all the growth that Rogers has seen and they want a bigger presence there in Rogers. They're also probably too cheap to try to put a store in a hot area like around Pinnacle. I recomended the Pinnacle area to them years ago. If they had listened to me back then they'd probably be sitting pretty well now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure.

Is this off I-540 near Pinnacle Promenade?

It looks like it to me, I've just never seen it from this angle.

Yeah, you can't quite see I-540 because it's sitting in a little valley. But this is basically across from the future convention center. I took a couple of pics of it as well. Maybe I'll put those in here because I don't recall seeing a topic for it.

Yeah, you can't quite see I-540 because it's sitting in a little valley. But this is basically across from the future convention center. I took a couple of pics of it as well. Maybe I'll put those in here because I don't recall seeing a topic for it.

Yes, it's the new hospital. The one thing I'd like to know is when it is planned to be opened. I haven't heard/read anything about that.

I think the Convention Center will be the third largest Convention Center in Arkansas.

I believe that the Embassy Suites in Hot Springs and Little Rock's Main Convention Center are much larger.

Yeah the ones in Hot Springs and Little Rock are bigger I believe. I was surprised to see how big the one in Hot Springs was.

• 2 weeks later...

Starbucks has now confirmed a third stand alone store for Rogers. This location will be at the corner of Walnut and 46th Street. I'm almost positive this location is already under construction, A.K.A. the small restaurant like building near Red Robin.

List of Rogers Starbucks Locations Under Construction in Rogers:

Shopps at Pinnacle Hills

Tuscany Square Development

Walnut and 46th Street

A couple of differences between the Hot Springs and Rogers convention centers, the Hot Springs one is ran by the local A&P, and then catering is done by a 3rd party company. The Rogers center will be ran and catered all by the staff of the Embassy. Also, the Hot Springs one doesn't have carpeting in the big ballroom areas, so if you go to a boat show, you are on cement. Rogers will have carpeting in the rooms, so if you are in a boat show, it's on carpet.

• 3 weeks later...