Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

Hey masonsDad, did you see that the Rogers Splash Park opened?

Looks like a good place to take your son.

The last I heard was the splash park wouldn't be opened due to water costs. I haven't heard anything about it since then and that was a couple years ago. I'll have to check it out. I'd ask where it's at, but I'll just head over to the Rogers website and find it for myself. :D

The last I heard was the splash park wouldn't be opened due to water costs. I haven't heard anything about it since then and that was a couple years ago. I'll have to check it out. I'd ask where it's at, but I'll just head over to the Rogers website and find it for myself. :D

It's right near the Skatepark at the Rogers Activity/ Youth Center, which is off Olive Street near 2nd. You can't miss it. :D

It's right near the Skatepark at the Rogers Activity/ Youth Center, which is off Olive Street near 2nd. You can't miss it. :D

The Rogers website has pretty good info on it. Sounds like it'll be open as long as there aren't any water conservation issues going on. BTW... I'm planning to go to take my family to the Lake Atalanta swimming pool next week. We went to the Bentonville swimming pool at Memorial Park last weekend and it was nice, but Lake Atalanta has more playgrounds and I haven't been there since they've done all the remodelling the website talks about. There was mention that the paddleboats are available again and I was wondering if they've reopened the mini-golf yet.

The Rogers website has pretty good info on it. Sounds like it'll be open as long as there aren't any water conservation issues going on. BTW... I'm planning to go to take my family to the Lake Atalanta swimming pool next week. We went to the Bentonville swimming pool at Memorial Park last weekend and it was nice, but Lake Atalanta has more playgrounds and I haven't been there since they've done all the remodelling the website talks about. There was mention that the paddleboats are available again and I was wondering if they've reopened the mini-golf yet.

The Mini-Golf isn't worth it, believe me. Better to take your son to Gator Golf in Fayetteville, which is pretty nice.

The Mini-Golf isn't worth it, believe me. Better to take your son to Gator Golf in Fayetteville, which is pretty nice.

I remember how small the old Mini-Golf was at Lake Atalanta and I realize it's not worth a trip for, but if we were there for the swimming pool and the paddle boats I wouldn't mind that little Mini-Golf. For real Mini-Golf I usually go to Lokomotion in Springdale with it's two 18-hole courses that are themed like a kid-size town and a mountain river... probably the closest thing to a theme park we have in NWA. I've been wanting to try Gator Golf though as it's only a little further down 71B from Lokomotion. I believe it's the one with the dinosaur theme and I believe is owned by the same people that own Dinosaur World in Eureka Springs or maybe the dinosaurs are from Dinosaur World? Who knows... it's been a few years since I read an article by some guy known as the Barefoot Traveler. At least I believe the article was by him? :huh:

It looks like the Mercy Hospital off Walnut is not going to go to waste when the new Mercy Hospital opens. The non-profit owners have stated that they will sell the 209,000-square-foot building if it will benefit the community.

I wonder what it could turn into. Possibly a mixed use development, or may'be a retirement home.

It looks like the Mercy Hospital off Walnut is not going to go to waste when the new Mercy Hospital opens. The non-profit owners have stated that they will sell the 209,000-square-foot building if it will benefit the community.

I wonder what it could turn into. Possibly a mixed use development, or may'be a retirement home.

I'd like to see it converted into public housing for seniors or people with disabilities. Whoever buys it for this purpose will get some major tax credits. It's a great location for public housing because there isn't any upscale homes in that vicinity and it's within walking distance to Wal-Mart, Walgreens and the grocery stores. And then maybe I can get my brother and mom to move here from St. Petersburg, FL as they are both disabled and live in public housing. :D

I'd like to see it converted into public housing for seniors or people with disabilities. Whoever buys it for this purpose will get some major tax credits. It's a great location for public housing because there isn't any upscale homes in that vicinity and it's within walking distance to Wal-Mart, Walgreens and the grocery stores. And then maybe I can get my brother and mom to move here from St. Petersburg, FL as they are both disabled and live in public housing. :D

It's about 3/4 to a mile away from Wal-Mart. I would like to see it benefit the community myself.

I've just finished reading in article in today's Gazette about the school system.

It appears that Rogers will be going to a 4 year program, by shifting 9th graders to the High School, and that one of the old Junior High Schools (Oakdale or Elmwood) might be turned into a 3RD HIGH SCHOOL by 2008!!! My guess would be Oakdale, since it's on the North Side of the City, but I have my doubts. 3 High Schools in a city of 50,000 seems insane.

I've just finished reading in article in today's Gazette about the school system.

It appears that Rogers will be going to a 4 year program, by shifting 9th graders to the High School, and that one of the old Junior High Schools (Oakdale or Elmwood) might be turned into a 3RD HIGH SCHOOL by 2008!!! My guess would be Oakdale, since it's on the North Side of the City, but I have my doubts. 3 High Schools in a city of 50,000 seems insane.

Actually, if the current high school is about 2,900 kids, 3 high schools of 1,000 apiece sounds about right. And isn't Lowell in the Rogers district? I saw where they're building homes now around the Christian Fellowship church and the new World Gym...that area's going to get much bigger in population (and that's not including Cave Springs should the latter split from B'ville, which I honestly doubt). Also, isn't Garfield and areas east of Pea Ridge in Rogers now as well?

Does anyone know what is being built on Horsebarn road right across from the high end townhomes near the Arvest Bank on Horsebarn? It looks like it is another office building, but i'm glad to see its going vertical.

I'm pretty sure it's the Holiday Inn, which is suppose to be 6 Floors.

Oddly enough, looks like Fayetteville and Rogers are growing almost exactly at the same rate. Rogers census came and they added about 10,000, Fayetteville added 9,000. Looks like Springdale, with their new minor league stadium is going to be the largest in the metro. We all knew that, I was just suprised to see Rogers growth rate more on par with Fayetteville and not closer to Springdale

Edited by CellarDoor135

Oddly enough, looks like Fayetteville and Rogers are growing almost exactly at the same rate. Rogers census came and they added about 10,000, Fayetteville added 9,000. Looks like Springdale, with their new minor league stadium is going to be the largest in the metro. We all knew that, I was just suprised to see Rogers growth rate more on par with Fayetteville and not closer to Springdale

Well, technically it's not the same rate considering their populations are 20,000 different. It'll be a while if they will make it to 100,000.

Yeah it's too bad Rogers couldn't quite hit 50,000. But they'll certainly have that before the next census. It is odd that all the major NWA cities have added about 9,000. But as was mentioned Springdale easily passed that. I guess in some ways it was somewhat predictable. Springdale has offered some of the cheaping home costs in the metro. While many of the other cities had developers throwing out more expensive subdivisions which they are now having a hard time getting filled.