Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

It looks like Rogers will be getting a Montessori School. Not sure where it's going, though.

I know Bentonville has one, along with Fayetteville and Little Rock in the Chenal area, not sure about any others in the state.

There's one in LR in Hillcrest just off of Lee Ave and one in the Pleasant Valley area near the Jewish synagogue on Rodney Parham. There's also one in North LR. I didn't realize there was one in Chenal but I admit I don't know that area as well.

It looks like Rogers will be getting a Montessori School. Not sure where it's going, though.

I know Bentonville has one, along with Fayetteville and Little Rock in the Chenal area, not sure about any others in the state.

Just FYI, there are twelve other Montessori schools in Arkansas. Bentonville, Conway, Fayetteville, Fort Smith, Harrison, Jonesboro, and North Little Rock all have one and Little Rock has five.

Just FYI, there are twelve other Montessori schools in Arkansas. Bentonville, Conway, Fayetteville, Fort Smith, Harrison, Jonesboro, and North Little Rock all have one and Little Rock has five.

Yes, but how many have certification from the American Montessori Society?

Three. Bentonville, Little Rock, and Fort Smith.

Yeah they have them in other states too. In fact I drove past one while I was out in Albuquerque not long ago.

I've heard that Bentonville's Water Line will be completed by the end of the year, so water restrictions for Rogers will probably be less next year.

At least that area will be taken care of. I get the impression that there will still be problems for some of the western parts of both Washington and Benton Counties.

• 2 weeks later...

that's just vulgar. what's next, an "in and out?"

I hate that name. I remember the "Stop & Go" convenience store/gas stations in Dallas and I've always considered "Kum & Go" just an obscene version of it. Besides that I wouldn't put their gas in my car because my engine would always start pinging afterwards.

I just mentioned this in the Bentonville thread, but Rogers is considering building an Aquatic Center, similar to something like Bentonville's or Springdale's. The mayor said that the Lake Atlanta Pool isn't an real aquatic center. No date has been set on this, but it is certainly good to hear that they are interested in a city-wide pool.

I just mentioned this in the Bentonville thread, but Rogers is considering building an Aquatic Center, similar to something like Bentonville's or Springdale's. The mayor said that the Lake Atlanta Pool isn't an real aquatic center. No date has been set on this, but it is certainly good to hear that they are interested in a city-wide pool.

Even though I "technically" live in Little Flock and am not really a resident of Rogers (I have to pay for a Library Card!) it would be nice to not have to take my family to Bentonville's aquatic center when our apartment pool is too boring.

I noticed that the expansion on Belk has been completed. I think the expansion added 40,000-50,000 square feet to the store. It looks quite nice.

I believe it also created new entrances on the east side of the store instead of just the west side, am I correct? I haven't been there yet since it's been completed.

Hey MasonsDad, did you see that the grand opening of the Harley Davidson was today off 102?

I went by it, there must have been a few hundred bikes there. The Rogers Police Department was directing traffic as well.

I missed it somehow, I guess because I sleep during the day, but on my way to work Harley Davidson was putting on a fireworks show. I could still hear them going off when I got to work in north Bentonville. I heard they're giving away a Harley every day, but I'm not sure how long that's going on.

I missed it somehow, I guess because I sleep during the day, but on my way to work Harley Davidson was putting on a fireworks show. I could still hear them going off when I got to work in north Bentonville. I heard they're giving away a Harley every day, but I'm not sure how long that's going on.

Probably a week or so.

It's about time! For at least the past 15 years I've been wondering why a city of this size doesn't have a decent pool in a more convenient location. It's ridiculous. I've lived in towns 1/4 the size of Rogers that had better aquatic facilities.

The Sam's Club in Rogers is set to open on September 28th. I am so excited about this. I don't buy a lot of stuff at Sam's, but I do like to pick up a few items each month.

Also, FYI, An elderly gentleman (a Sam's employee) approached me at the gas pump this morning at the Murphy USA on 102. He told me to swipe my Sam's card if I had one, for 5 cents off per gallon. I filled up at $1.68/gallon. I asked him if this was a temporary promotion for the new Sam's, and he said it was permanent. Great news if you're a Sam's club member. Not only does it beat the 3 cents off you get when you use a Wal-mart card, you don't have the inconvenience of having to remember to put money on a card.

Also, FYI, An elderly gentleman (a Sam's employee) approached me at the gas pump this morning at the Murphy USA on 102. He told me to swipe my Sam's card if I had one, for 5 cents off per gallon. I filled up at $1.68/gallon. I asked him if this was a temporary promotion for the new Sam's, and he said it was permanent. Great news if you're a Sam's club member. Not only does it beat the 3 cents off you get when you use a Wal-mart card, you don't have the inconvenience of having to remember to put money on a card.

You mean $2.68, right?

The Sam's Club in Rogers is set to open on September 28th. I am so excited about this. I don't buy a lot of stuff at Sam's, but I do like to pick up a few items each month.

5 cents off a gallon can really add up. The Murphy's on 102 is no more... it's now a Sam's gas station owned by Wal-Mart. They must have just re-opened this morning because they've been remodelling and I've had to go to the Murphy's in Rogers to get gas a little cheaper until this one re-opened.