Bruno's grocery stores

Chris322

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the local one currently 3 locations

so they are moving down the street I guess. The SFM/Winn Dixie is a much better

building.

Have you heard this as well; or just comenting on the rumor? I am not familiar with the area but it seems odd for them to move just down the street.

the local Star market chain or the other Star Market chain?

Local

Have you heard this as well; or just comenting on the rumor? I am not familiar with the area but it seems odd for them to move just down the street.

It would not be a move "just down the street". Not sure where this info derived from

Vendor's here in Decatur Al are saying they have been told to prepare halting deliveries to the Beltline Rd SFM in early September. 2nd wave of closings? People here need to know...thanks :(

OK.......new to this board, but not new to the grocery industry. Anyway, I was at the SFM in Oneonta today and guess what--------It will be closing Sept.9th. Some of the associates told me that slow sales and walmart was to blame.

OK.......new to this board, but not new to the grocery industry. Anyway, I was at the SFM in Oneonta today and guess what--------It will be closing Sept.9th. Some of the associates told me that slow sales and walmart was to blame.

Anybody else have any information to confirm this? Has it been reported in the local paper?

I know for a fact that Oneonta is closing down. I was in the office when a email was sent my store in Muscle Shoal store# 136 about Oneonta closing.

Paul

I know for a fact that Oneonta is closing down. I was in the office when a email was sent my store in Muscle Shoal store# 136 about Oneonta closing.

Paul

Thanks for the confirmation. Does anyone know if this is a part of another "wave" of closings or a single event? Does the previous post that the Decatur store is closing have any confirmation from you SFM guys?

Has anyone heard anything else, or can they confirm anything.

Don't know if this is an indication of anything, but C&S pulled all of the SFM job listings from their website today. They have had a listing for human resources manager and public relations up since June. All of the warehouse jobs (including a new listing) remain up. I would like to know if anyone has anything on the Decature store rumor that was posted previously.

I know for fact that the workers are worried about their job at the Beltline store in Decatur. I talk to one of the workers last week and she told me that.

Paul

Don't know if this is an indication of anything, but C&S pulled all of the SFM job listings from their website today. They have had a listing for human resources manager and public relations up since June. All of the warehouse jobs (including a new listing) remain up. I would like to know if anyone has anything on the Decature store rumor that was posted previously.

I know for fact that the workers are worried about their job at the Beltline store in Decatur. I talk to one of the workers last week and she told me that.

Paul

Anyone heard from employees or SFM people about the Athens store? Earlier someone posted it was poor in sales. I have been hearing that for a while about that store.

Paul

This store is on it's last leg, in my opinion. Never more than 10 cars in the parking lot and that includes employee's on the clock. Athens can't be doing any better. Decatur now has a new ALDI right next door as well

Anyone heard from employees or SFM people about the Athens store? Earlier someone posted it was poor in sales. I have been hearing that for a while about that store.

Athens is like the rest of the SFM chain---very poor performers. However, I hear SFM is going to roll out a new pricing program...probably too late to save the chain I would imagine. Probably going to bring this out after the Tennessee division is sold or closed out. That deal is not finished yet and it is not Food City buying the stores. They probably won't be able to sell all 7 of them.

Athens is like the rest of the SFM chain---very poor performers. However, I hear SFM is going to roll out a new pricing program...probably too late to save the chain I would imagine. Probably going to bring this out after the Tennessee division is sold or closed out. That deal is not finished yet and it is not Food City buying the stores. They probably won't be able to sell all 7 of them.

i thought it was an all or nothing deal

Archived