Bruno's grocery stores

Chris322

i thought it was an all or nothing deal

It is supposed to be, there is somebody looking at all the stores, and the deal is progressing slowly. The problem is all the locations are dogs, so it is hardly an appetizing deal. That's one of the problems of SFM. The boys of lonestar funds sold them all the Bruno's dogs.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was said earlier that it was an all or nothing deal, what about the food city comment? I don't even think SFM knows what is going on at this point, meanwhile it seems as though each day it gets worse.

You are right. This new program they are going to roll out will do nothing for them except delay the eventual closing of more stores.

You are right. This new program they are going to roll out will do nothing for them except delay the eventual closing of more stores.

okay if it is not food city looking at the stores who could it be? the dogs are tired of laying on the porch and want some action be it close or whatever

okay if it is not food city looking at the stores who could it be? the dogs are tired of laying on the porch and want some action be it close or whatever

what possible program could bring the customers back except for free groceries!!

what possible program could bring the customers back except for free groceries!!

Hello All,

I was told that 111 workers in the corp. office lost their jobs and I was told that the copmpany is only going to keep 50 stores so I think the TN stores are gone. SFM still have 57 stores left. and there are 7 stores in TN. Thats tells me that those 7 TN stores are gone. :cry:

Paul

We have heard so many "rumors" do you think that this information is reliable? Or could it be just another rumor. There are so many stores that are struggling and worried, not just the TN stores. When are all these actions supposed to take place? Has anyone heard a possible date that we can go by for any stores?

We have heard so many "rumors" do you think that this information is reliable? Or could it be just another rumor. There are so many stores that are struggling and worried, not just the TN stores. When are all these actions supposed to take place? Has anyone heard a possible date that we can go by for any stores?

Sorry Kft,

Thats all I know for now. When I get more info. from my manager I will pass it on.

Paul

Hello All,

I was told that 111 workers in the corp. office lost their jobs and I was told that the copmpany is only going to keep 50 stores so I think the TN stores are gone. SFM still have 57 stores left. and there are 7 stores in TN. Thats tells me that those 7 TN stores are gone. :cry:

Paul

Workers were let go in B'ham as posted. However, I dont think you can read too much into that since the number of SFM stores has been cut, there is no need for a large support staff.

Workers were let go in B'ham as posted. However, I dont think you can read too much into that since the number of SFM stores has been cut, there is no need for a large support staff.

Also the corporate office is moving to a smaller space. The office space in front of the warehouse is for sale. It is too large a space for the shrinking company. Warehouse is not for sale (yet).

Also the corporate office is moving to a smaller space. The office space in front of the warehouse is for sale. It is too large a space for the shrinking company. Warehouse is not for sale (yet).

can anyone give us info on the tn stores? any promising dates or deadlines just tired of waiting

The Birmingham News had a lengthy article about the corporate changes in the Birmingham facility today.

Is there anyone still out there? I guess no one has had anything to say for a while. Everything still seems pretty shaky around here. A lot of people have been quitting and looking for other jobs.

I dont think there is any confidence left. The grand union situation appears to be very similar. C&S didnt get rid of all of the stores, but they didnt do a whole lot to improve the ones they bought.

I dont think there is any confidence left. The grand union situation appears to be very similar. C&S didnt get rid of all of the stores, but they didnt do a whole lot to improve the ones they bought.

The Thomasville Alabama newspaper reported yesterday that its SFM will close by the end of the month. Anyone know how many stores are left?

The Thomasville Alabama newspaper reported yesterday that its SFM will close by the end of the month. Anyone know how many stores are left?

um i think about 56 stores left. looks to eventually be a closing for all. nobody wants to buy a bunch of deserted stores . the customers have left, the employees are dropping fast, heck even our mice went somewhere else!!!hahaha

um i think about 56 stores left. looks to eventually be a closing for all. nobody wants to buy a bunch of deserted stores . the customers have left, the employees are dropping fast, heck even our mice went somewhere else!!!hahaha

There're still quite a few customers at the one on Sixth Avenue in Decatur. It's the only food market on the Eastern portion of town. You have to drive all the way to SW Decatur to even find another one.

There're still quite a few customers at the one on Sixth Avenue in Decatur. It's the only food market on the Eastern portion of town. You have to drive all the way to SW Decatur to even find another one.

I guess thats why ALL the new businesses are going to that end of town? I don't think so. Where did Walmart, Aldi's, Publix and soon to be Target locate?

I guess thats why ALL the new businesses are going to that end of town? I don't think so. Where did Walmart, Aldi's, Publix and soon to be Target locate?

The Bama guy is right that the SFM on 6th is doing OK. It has a captive audience on that side of town. However, unless they attempt to improve, I cannot imagine it will stay that way. If Target were to decide to put in a grocery section, SFM would be out of business quick.

The Bama guy is right that the SFM on 6th is doing OK. It has a captive audience on that side of town. However, unless they attempt to improve, I cannot imagine it will stay that way. If Target were to decide to put in a grocery section, SFM would be out of business quick.

They will have a limited grocery selection. It is not going to be a SuperTarget. I agree on the 6th Ave store. But...the Beltline store must improve dramatically and I don't think it will with the dense competition right there.

Hi Chris,

That is a new rumor to me. I will be surprised if Publix buys stores that are union.

Thanks again,

Paul from SFM

Hi Chris and Paul frm sfm,

I am Chris from sfm in Georgia. Our store is still open in Athens along with one other in Athens and I believe the other is in Monroe.

I guess your stores have closed because your last post was 6/13/06.

We are non union stores but union people were around last week trying to get employees to sign up. I dont know if it is good or bad and honestly the past six months have been so uncertain that I dont want anymore changes right now.

This company has become very demanding. Hopefully with the reduction of corporate people, the work load wont get any heavier for us. I am a pricing integrity co ordinator other wise know as a scanning co ordinator at other businesses.

I will check back from time to time to see if you are still checking in and writting.

Hi Chris and Paul frm sfm,

I am Chris from sfm in Georgia. Our store is still open in Athens along with one other in Athens and I believe the other is in Monroe.

I guess your stores have closed because your last post was 6/13/06.

We are non union stores but union people were around last week trying to get employees to sign up. I dont know if it is good or bad and honestly the past six months have been so uncertain that I dont want anymore changes right now.

This company has become very demanding. Hopefully with the reduction of corporate people, the work load wont get any heavier for us. I am a pricing integrity co ordinator other wise know as a scanning co ordinator at other businesses.

I will check back from time to time to see if you are still checking in and writting.

Hi CMTFROMSFM

My store is still open. The Thomasville (store#311, former Food Fair) store was closed down a week or two ago. The reason I have not posted anything was due to taking 2 vacation in 3 weeks. I have not heard anything lately.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi CMTFROMSFM

My store is still open. The Thomasville (store#311, former Food Fair) store was closed down a week or two ago. The reason I have not posted anything was due to taking 2 vacation in 3 weeks. I have not heard anything lately.

Thanks,

Paul

My store (Food Max 241 in Anniston, AL) is still open. I just haven't had any news lately. We are kind of in a slump right now as far as information. The Co-manager that I got a lot of my inside news from was sent to Pell City, and the people we have now don't know too much. I think right now it's just a wait and see type deal for all of us.

Chris

My store (Food Max 241 in Anniston, AL) is still open. I just haven't had any news lately. We are kind of in a slump right now as far as information. The Co-manager that I got a lot of my inside news from was sent to Pell City, and the people we have now don't know too much. I think right now it's just a wait and see type deal for all of us.

Chris

Hi Chris and Paul,

It was great to hear back from you so soon.

I think we are all wait and see at this point in time. I try to stay positive but it is hard at times.

What position do you have? I would love to meet another price integ. person to compare notes. They have us do more and more. I swear every month is a new duty to perform.

If I hear any worthwhile news I will pass it on. Take care

Christina

They will have a limited grocery selection. It is not going to be a SuperTarget. I agree on the 6th Ave store. But...the Beltline store must improve dramatically and I don't think it will with the dense competition right there.

It's not supposed to be a SuperTarget. But, rumor is that it's a Target....WITH groceries. Wew!! Not. The Beltline Store doesn't get as much business as the one on 6th. There're just more grocery stores in SW and W Decatur. Can't wait till Target though. I don't think that the 6th Ave store will be "ruined" though. It'll still get a lot of business, it'll still provide for all the population in NE Decatur.

Archived