Bruno's grocery stores

Chris322

haha yea thats funny.........rebuild the brand back.......thats too funny.

yea they most likely will try and sell the "good" stores that might actually make them some money and keep the crap.........brunos family markets has a certain ring to it....LOL KIDDING

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brunoslogos.jpg

Here is my idea for a re branded chain. The entire chain would use the Bruno's name. Nicer Bruno's and Food World stores would utilize the Bruno's Family Markets/Bruno's Family Markets Pharmacy banner. The lower level stores would carry the Bruno's Essentials banner. Bruno's Essentials would basically be a Food Fair type setup. These stores would not have full service departments. They would carry only the basic produce, meat, dairy, and frozen food items. There would be no full service bakery. All bakery items would be vendor items through DSD. These stores would have a full line of grocery items, but would focus primarily on private label items, such as Valu Time and Clear Value. In addition, all stores would carry the Staff private label that Bruno's was known for at its peak. Bruno's Family Markets would carry a larger selection of gourmet and organic items. All Family Market stores would include a Vincent's Deli.

The Bruno's bear would also be brought back as the official company spokes bear and icon. Bruno Bear would play a large role in advertising. Super sales would become "Bear Necessities." and would have Bruno Bear prominently displayed on all signage and in all ads. This would essentially be returning Bruno's to it's roots, all small chain of stores under the Bruno's banner. Since this company would most likely be owned by C&S, it is likely that many SFM stores would become Bruno's Family Markets or Bruno's Essentials, thus giving the chain a solid base of around 80 stores in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Florida.

This is all wishful thinking, but I think it could work under the right leadership. Too bad it will never have a chance.

That 600k Brunos paid that company was never really discussed on here........honestly was that just a joke???

Someone had to be smokin the ole crackpipe when that deal was made....Bankruptcies dont happen overnight, im sure that it was in the works for a while. Why pay money for this knowing they were filing for chp11 and quite possibly liquidating??? What ever became of all that? Is the company still working on a remodel/renovation plan???

And bringing back the Food-Fair name is awesome......but lol here is me playing devils advocate......the Foodfair name has long been associated with the bottom of the barrel.....look at their stores before their demise.....horrible, nasty broken down stores, in the poorer neighboorhoods....

Now here is an idea......replace the FoodFair with Food-Max!!!!.......but hey man what you did was pretty dagum cool!!!!

That 600k Brunos paid that company was never really discussed on here........honestly was that just a joke???

Someone had to be smokin the ole crackpipe when that deal was made....Bankruptcies dont happen overnight, im sure that it was in the works for a while. Why pay money for this knowing they were filing for chp11 and quite possibly liquidating??? What ever became of all that? Is the company still working on a remodel/renovation plan???

And bringing back the Food-Fair name is awesome......but lol here is me playing devils advocate......the Foodfair name has long been associated with the bottom of the barrel.....look at their stores before their demise.....horrible, nasty broken down stores, in the poorer neighboorhoods....

Now here is an idea......replace the FoodFair with Food-Max!!!!.......but hey man what you did was pretty dagum cool!!!!

The union has posted their after-hearing brief, and for once it sounds like they may be on to something.

They say they have had conversations with three potential buyers. The first, who dropped out, was going to arrange the sell to a number of independents, with a small number going to a chain. This is most likely AWG.

The second company expressed interested in working with the union, and does not require that the clause be removed. They want 33 stores, and they want the union to agree to renegotiate a new contract with them, and to only have one contract to cover all stores. They also want the successorship clause left out of their new contract. The union says it is willing to work with that. They say that they have met with the grocery executive who would become the CEO if the sale went through. I have a very strong suspicion that this was Jeff Burkhead from SFM. My guess as to why they want no successorship clause in their new contract is because they plan to sell some stores, and they don't want to be tied to them like Bruno's is now.

The third company was approached by the union and has not yet submitted any letter of intent. The union says they have learned that this company will make an offer for a "block of stores" tomorrow. Could this be Kroger?

At least this is making the prospect of a sale sound much better than it did!

well it could either be kroger for the northern district........

or rouses for all the coastal stores............

but im sure you are hoping and praying the same thing i am

KROGER KROGER KROGER KROGER KROGER KROGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but in quoting from an earlier post you made.......

it sounds like the "3rd" company that wants the 20-somthing other stores might be Rouses....because you said that the 33 stores were in the Northern District....hey the one wanting the 33 may be Kroger...but I have the same sick feeling that its C&S.....

well it could either be kroger for the northern district........

or rouses for all the coastal stores............

but im sure you are hoping and praying the same thing i am

KROGER KROGER KROGER KROGER KROGER KROGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there

Does anyone know who the Union found to buy a block of stores? Better yet how many stores are a block?It's in today's court documents that they found a buyer and were working with Bruno's. I guess as many as they determine huh? A couple of truck drivers seem to think Rouses is buying some coastal stores and since they run that route to Rouses and us it seems possible---they are NOT union. Rumor has it that Southern Family is the store the Union got??>?Any ideas or info?

Reading between the lines of everything I've heard from all I've spoken with it is SFM.(and I agree with you Chris---we'll take just about anyone at this point)The rumors and speculations are just about to drive us crazy here in South Alabama. A couple of stores had a few people to quit over the last couple of weeks--some with alot of time in.With the economy the way it is I guess I'll just wait it out because the only option is WallyWorld and that will be my LAST choice. If I'm going to start from square one---I'll work for the new owner(providing there is one)before lowering myself to work for WW.

If you can get your truck drivers to talk they usually will tell you what the buzz is around there and they are very interested and concern as you can imagine. It will be a domino effect if stores close.

I'm starting to feel like the end may be near. I don't have the good feeling that I had a few days ago. I think they are probably going to end up liquidating just because they can't make a fortune off these stores. Maybe if they hadn't let them go down to nothing over the past couple years they would have an easier time finding a buyer. And for the record, they should sell the 36 stores that they have a buyer for. Market the other 20 to independents or whoever. They need to do something ASAP. Customers are starting to find other places to shop, and that is going to be a problem for any potential buyer. We have older customers crying when they come in because they don't want us to go. At this point, I would welcome Southern Family Markets or anyone else! Make us a Piggly Wiggly! Anything!

IF ANYONE FROM BRUNO'S OR C&S IS READING THIS, DO SOMETHING ASAP! Think about the employees and the customers!

I'm starting to feel like the end may be near. I don't have the good feeling that I had a few days ago. I think they are probably going to end up liquidating just because they can't make a fortune off these stores. Maybe if they hadn't let them go down to nothing over the past couple years they would have an easier time finding a buyer. And for the record, they should sell the 36 stores that they have a buyer for. Market the other 20 to independents or whoever. They need to do something ASAP. Customers are starting to find other places to shop, and that is going to be a problem for any potential buyer. We have older customers crying when they come in because they don't want us to go. At this point, I would welcome Southern Family Markets or anyone else! Make us a Piggly Wiggly! Anything!

IF ANYONE FROM BRUNO'S OR C&S IS READING THIS, DO SOMETHING ASAP! Think about the employees and the customers!

AMEN Chris--but it is evident from the shape of the company that the "higher-ups" don't think of us, the employees or the ones that kept these stores going through thick & thin--the customers! We have so many faithful customers that can't drive far or they are use to a smaller store concept and are having anxiety attacks just thinking of having to go to WallyWorld for their groceries.At this point I don't care which ones they buy--JUST DO SOMETHING and quit acting like you really have a choice. Take the money and atleast pay people what you owe but PLEASE do not restructure and put us through this again.Be gone---Brunos---Be Gone. I am tired of trying to convince customers to come back and shop when I can't order and provide for them the items they use to get with no problem. I am tired of putting on my "fake smile" and telling them that things are going to work out and someone will buy us and to come back and try them out(I may not be here to greet you but hey.....maybe someone will look familiar and help you with your shopping)I really am disusted at Brunos for leaving the employees uninformed on all things concerning the bankruptcy procedures. My information comes mostly from the Birmingham News and the consultants web page on court documents. Can they atleast send a letter of heartfelt thanks for employees that have been dedicated to making the company better? No, they have done nothing but put fear in us for our jobs and threats to shut down what is to most of us "our second home".If anyone from the company is reading--one of my favorite sayings is S*** OR get off the POT!!!!!

Hi Chris--Any insight as to why?????? all of our names and addresses are on the court files as of yesterday? Does this mean they owe us $$$$$$$? I wish! Now I guess it is a waiting game----like you said it's coming down to the wire or the auctioneers gavel.

Wow this room has been way too quiet. Is no news good news??? Lets hope so......

Found out something very intresting yesterday. Was talking to a Winn-Dixie store manager buddy of mine, and it seems that WD may have been one of the bidders that walked away. From what he told me they wanted several Bham stores, plus a couple of others. BUT, thanks to the D**M union, WD said forget it and walked away. He did say however that he heard that there is still a possibility of WD buying the stores, but not until they are closed. Sorry Chris, but your store wasnt one of the ones he mentioned....he mentioned The Summit, Inverness, The Galleria store and the store on Hwy 150......plus he said a couple of more (hey maybe they will..is there a WD close to you???)

I dont get it, the union is supoposed to be about helping out the members and preserving jobs......but yet what they need to do (i.e. taking out that clause) to do just that, they refuse. Its like they are saying they could care less.

Makes me sick......

Wow this room has been way too quiet. Is no news good news??? Lets hope so......

Found out something very intresting yesterday. Was talking to a Winn-Dixie store manager buddy of mine, and it seems that WD may have been one of the bidders that walked away. From what he told me they wanted several Bham stores, plus a couple of others. BUT, thanks to the D**M union, WD said forget it and walked away. He did say however that he heard that there is still a possibility of WD buying the stores, but not until they are closed. Sorry Chris, but your store wasnt one of the ones he mentioned....he mentioned The Summit, Inverness, The Galleria store and the store on Hwy 150......plus he said a couple of more (hey maybe they will..is there a WD close to you???)

I dont get it, the union is supoposed to be about helping out the members and preserving jobs......but yet what they need to do (i.e. taking out that clause) to do just that, they refuse. Its like they are saying they could care less.

Makes me sick......

Archived