Bruno's grocery stores

Chris322

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o I am so surprised by the number of stores they are going to close. Why even have a warehouse if you're gonna shut down the store operations---We'll see. I am so sorry about your job and Bruno's should be proud of the way it's employees hung with them through a lot of crap. But that doesn't pay the bills so I'll continue to keep you in my prayers and hopefully you will go on to a better job--you never know what opportunities await you out there. Keep your chin up and don't forget to come back and keep me posted on what you found(I feel as if I know you)Right now my store is still on the open list---for how long I guess only C&S knows.

:(

Al.com has a list posted. If this list is correct, I just lost my job.

I'm not surprised by the number closing in the Birmingham market.

Publix has been handing it to Bruno's the last five years in Birmingham. This was inevitable. Sorry to the people who are losing their jobs... that really sucks.

I'm hoping Western or Piggly Wiggly take the empty store once the dust clears.

:o I am so surprised by the number of stores they are going to close. Why even have a warehouse if you're gonna shut down the store operations---We'll see. I am so sorry about your job and Bruno's should be proud of the way it's employees hung with them through a lot of crap. But that doesn't pay the bills so I'll continue to keep you in my prayers and hopefully you will go on to a better job--you never know what opportunities await you out there. Keep your chin up and don't forget to come back and keep me posted on what you found(I feel as if I know you)Right now my store is still on the open list---for how long I guess only C&S knows.

I got my letter from the union today informing me that my store is closing. But not to worry! They are going to help me through this! Here are the actions they recommend that I take immediately:

1. File for unemployment

2. See if I am eligible for food stamps

3. Seek public insurance for my children through All Kids or medicaid

4. Check on retirement if I am old enough

5. Contact the union for legal advice.

I am so grateful that they are here for me through this! I don\'t know what I would have done without them. Maybe still have a job? Who knows.

And finally, they inform me that they don\'t know if I\'ll get my vacation pay or not. They are \"trying to get them to pay it to you on your last check.\" Elaise Fox says that she doesn\'t know how \"Long Star\" will handle it. You know, Elaise, you might want to know how to spell the names of the companies whose employees you represent. It is Lone Star, not Long Star.

But not to worry, Southern Family Markets will hire me first when they need help! I feel so much better knowing that the Southern Family Markets 75 miles from my home wants me!

And Elaise has one other closing message: \"I look forward to seeing you again in another \'UNION STORE\'.\" Well guess what Elaise, THEY\'RE ALL GONE! Ya\'ll closed them! And besides, even if I did work in another union store, you can bet on not getting one red cent of my money! Good riddance!

The union's new logo:

IMG_0001_NEW.jpg

I got my letter from the union today informing me that my store is closing. But not to worry! They are going to help me through this! Here are the actions they recommend that I take immediately:

1. File for unemployment

2. See if I am eligible for food stamps

3. Seek public insurance for my children through All Kids or medicaid

4. Check on retirement if I am old enough

5. Contact the union for legal advice.

I am so grateful that they are here for me through this! I don\'t know what I would have done without them. Maybe still have a job? Who knows.

And finally, they inform me that they don\'t know if I\'ll get my vacation pay or not. They are \"trying to get them to pay it to you on your last check.\" Elaise Fox says that she doesn\'t know how \"Long Star\" will handle it. You know, Elaise, you might want to know how to spell the names of the companies whose employees you represent. It is Lone Star, not Long Star.

But not to worry, Southern Family Markets will hire me first when they need help! I feel so much better knowing that the Southern Family Markets 75 miles from my home wants me!

And Elaise has one other closing message: \"I look forward to seeing you again in another \'UNION STORE\'.\" Well guess what Elaise, THEY\'RE ALL GONE! Ya\'ll closed them! And besides, even if I did work in another union store, you can bet on not getting one red cent of my money! Good riddance!

The union's new logo:

IMG_0001_NEW.jpg

According to the Mobile Press-Register, Bruno's and Food World will live on as a subsidiary of Southern Family Markets. In a way I am glad that Bruno's will live, and might possibly be able to grow again some day under another owner. I know C&S will not be able to do anything with them. For the sake of those who still have jobs, I hope C&S puts the entire chain along with the warehouse up for sale soon. If somebody like Supervalu or AWG were able to acquire the company and the warehouse, there might be a future. And I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade who still has a job, but how long is it going to be before C&S starts closing more stores. Just look at there track record. It is horrible. Down to 38 stores from over 120 in 2005? One thing is for sure, they are experts at closing stores. I wish everyone the best of luck. In a way, I hope the judge does not okay the purchase agreement so that other bidders might be able to come forward and allow more stores to stay open. But at the same time, I don't want any other jobs to be lost that can be preserved. We had heard that Supervalu was very interested in our store and the others in East Alabama. That may be why C&S is shutting them all down. St. Clair county had two Food Worlds, both of which are closing. Talladega County's Food World is closing. Calhoun County's Foodmax is closing, and one of Etowah County's three Food Worlds is closing. Out of 7 stores, 5 will close. They will still have to send trucks right by three of these stores. Moody, Pell City, and Oxford are right on I-20, so they'll have to pass them on their way to Georgia. And you can't tell me that the Foodmax in Oxford at least couldn't have been turned into a Piggly Wiggly and made money.

I am going to wind down my time on this forum by posting updates on my job hunt as they become available. DR, I hope you continue to blog with me and update me on the changes at Bruno's, if there are any. I will truly miss working for Bruno's. I hope everything goes well for the remaining stores. I wonder if C&S will go back and convert any of their SFM stores back to Bruno's or Food World?

According to the Mobile Press-Register, Bruno's and Food World will live on as a subsidiary of Southern Family Markets. In a way I am glad that Bruno's will live, and might possibly be able to grow again some day under another owner. I know C&S will not be able to do anything with them. For the sake of those who still have jobs, I hope C&S puts the entire chain along with the warehouse up for sale soon. If somebody like Supervalu or AWG were able to acquire the company and the warehouse, there might be a future. And I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade who still has a job, but how long is it going to be before C&S starts closing more stores. Just look at there track record. It is horrible. Down to 38 stores from over 120 in 2005? One thing is for sure, they are experts at closing stores. I wish everyone the best of luck. In a way, I hope the judge does not okay the purchase agreement so that other bidders might be able to come forward and allow more stores to stay open. But at the same time, I don't want any other jobs to be lost that can be preserved. We had heard that Supervalu was very interested in our store and the others in East Alabama. That may be why C&S is shutting them all down. St. Clair county had two Food Worlds, both of which are closing. Talladega County's Food World is closing. Calhoun County's Foodmax is closing, and one of Etowah County's three Food Worlds is closing. Out of 7 stores, 5 will close. They will still have to send trucks right by three of these stores. Moody, Pell City, and Oxford are right on I-20, so they'll have to pass them on their way to Georgia. And you can't tell me that the Foodmax in Oxford at least couldn't have been turned into a Piggly Wiggly and made money.

I am going to wind down my time on this forum by posting updates on my job hunt as they become available. DR, I hope you continue to blog with me and update me on the changes at Bruno's, if there are any. I will truly miss working for Bruno's. I hope everything goes well for the remaining stores. I wonder if C&S will go back and convert any of their SFM stores back to Bruno's or Food World?

DR, have ya'll seen any changes yet? We have started our liquidation sale, and it sucks. The prices aren't as low as they were before we started! We have had more people coming in to look at our store than we did when we were for sale. The union really was standing in the way. Before Bruno's bought our store back in 1999, an independent called Gregerson's was there. They had nice stores, and had about 8 stores at one time. They are down to 1 store now. They were in our store the other day. They walked the store and seemed interested in coming back in. Supervalu has also been in our store. There are also rumors that C&S will open it back up after this is all done. I think they would most likely open it back up as a Piggly Wiggly without a pharmacy. I don't know what will come of it. All I know is that I have a job at Winn-Dixie after this is over, and once I leave, I'm not coming back!

DR, have ya'll seen any changes yet? We have started our liquidation sale, and it sucks. The prices aren't as low as they were before we started! We have had more people coming in to look at our store than we did when we were for sale. The union really was standing in the way. Before Bruno's bought our store back in 1999, an independent called Gregerson's was there. They had nice stores, and had about 8 stores at one time. They are down to 1 store now. They were in our store the other day. They walked the store and seemed interested in coming back in. Supervalu has also been in our store. There are also rumors that C&S will open it back up after this is all done. I think they would most likely open it back up as a Piggly Wiggly without a pharmacy. I don't know what will come of it. All I know is that I have a job at Winn-Dixie after this is over, and once I leave, I'm not coming back!

• 2 weeks later...

With several of the 25 Bruno's stores slated for closure already closed, let's turn our attention to what may fill those buildings. I have heard rumor that Winn-Dixie is going into the Food World in Moody. I have also heard that Gregerson's, the independent that owned Oxford's FoodMax before it sold it to Bruno's, plans to reopen that store. That is the extent of the rumors that I have heard so far. I think some of these empty stores stand a decent chance to become Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market stores. Many of them are several miles away from a Wal-Mart Supercenter, and are in self contained neighborhoods. Wal-Mart does not mind putting its neighborhood market stores into former supermarkets. This is one area where they don't insist on building new. The former Winn-Dixie in Homewood recently became a Neighborhood Market.

With several of the 25 Bruno's stores slated for closure already closed, let's turn our attention to what may fill those buildings. I have heard rumor that Winn-Dixie is going into the Food World in Moody. I have also heard that Gregerson's, the independent that owned Oxford's FoodMax before it sold it to Bruno's, plans to reopen that store. That is the extent of the rumors that I have heard so far. I think some of these empty stores stand a decent chance to become Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market stores. Many of them are several miles away from a Wal-Mart Supercenter, and are in self contained neighborhoods. Wal-Mart does not mind putting its neighborhood market stores into former supermarkets. This is one area where they don't insist on building new. The former Winn-Dixie in Homewood recently became a Neighborhood Market.

• 2 weeks later...

A really interesting scenario is starting to unfold, and it may answer a lot of questions. Articles online are claiming that Kroger, Safeway, or Supervalu are possibly planning to take over Winn-Dixie through a stock swap option. Winn-Dixie is a very strong company and has no debt, so any acquirer could make significant money from this deal. Most observers point to Kroger as the likely winner. This would explain why Kroger did not take any of the Bruno's stores. Kroger would not have invested anything in Bruno's when they knew they were going to acquire Winn-Dixie, which as much nicer stores. Kroger would instantly be thrown to the #2 spot in Alabama, and would be the #1 supermarket in many markets. This would also explain why Winn-Dixie will not hire anyone right now. I have been trying to get a job with Winn-Dixie for over a month, and they won't budge.

A really interesting scenario is starting to unfold, and it may answer a lot of questions. Articles online are claiming that Kroger, Safeway, or Supervalu are possibly planning to take over Winn-Dixie through a stock swap option. Winn-Dixie is a very strong company and has no debt, so any acquirer could make significant money from this deal. Most observers point to Kroger as the likely winner. This would explain why Kroger did not take any of the Bruno's stores. Kroger would not have invested anything in Bruno's when they knew they were going to acquire Winn-Dixie, which as much nicer stores. Kroger would instantly be thrown to the #2 spot in Alabama, and would be the #1 supermarket in many markets. This would also explain why Winn-Dixie will not hire anyone right now. I have been trying to get a job with Winn-Dixie for over a month, and they won't budge.

HEY Chris....hows it been buddy

WOW.....yea my WD sources are either keeping this one from me OR this is not known even to them. Where did you see this online??? I looked myself and couldnt find anything..........

I would have to say that I'm rather mixed on this idea. As I have said before, WD is my alma matter. So idk what I honestly think about this. If it is for the good of the company than I am all for it. I do know that WD had planned to begin remodels at 3 stores here in the BHM area.....and at the last minute they were postponed indefinitely......maybe a sign of things to come......they have also begun transferring managers and department heads to different stores here in the BHM area (some of the worthless ones were transferred to stores that have been rumored to close for a while now, such as the Montevallo Rd store here in BHM).....hmmmm this is intresting.

Seriously tho....where did you find that online???

Just Google "Winn-Dixie takeover" and you will see several articles on this possibility. And as far as I know, it is just a possibility. Apparently Winn-Dixie is doing very well and is debt free, making it a very likely takeover candidate for a major company. However, many market observers seem to think that Winn-Dixie can't go on like this for long, and will eventually go the way of Bruno's. Just like Bruno's, Publix has them on the upscale end, and Walmart has them on the lower end. A national chain such as Kroger or Safeway, or even Supervalu could position them to better compete. Another comment I saw online said that if they remain an independent company, WD would probably sell their warehouses and distribution to another company, such as Supervalu, C&S, or AWG, then buy from them the way Bruno's did. Personally, I think Kroger is the most likely company to take them over if anyone does. I just hope C&S is not involved in anything to do with WD!

Have you heard anything about WD taking over any of the former Bruno's stores? I have heard that they were going to take over the Moody Food World, but that is all I have heard. Winn-Dixie has finally started hiring again. I have an interview at one of the Anniston stores tomorrow morning, and I have no reason to think that I won't be hired. I am just glad the process of closing my Foodmax store is over! That was a rough three weeks! I miss my job and my coworkers terribly, and I still feel that we were screwed by Bruno's, SFM, and the union.

I just got finished reading a really interesting court document. Yes, I still read Bruno's court documents! Anyway, the union is saying that Bruno's owes them $450,000 for making the deal with C&S happen. Yeah right, anyway, that's not the good part. According to the document, the union contracted with an investment banker by the name of Glanzer. In a letter submitted by Glanzer, he goes through the process of talking about what he did. He apparently held talks with C&S, AWG, ACON Investments, Manning's Foods, Rouses, and a "large national chain." Here is the kicker: he says that in 1998 during bankruptcy 1, he persuaded Kroger to submit a bid for Bruno's that was larger than any other bid they got. Let's go back to 1998. Bruno's had over 200 stores in AL, GA, MS, FL, and TN under Bruno's, Food World, Food Fair, and Foodmax. They also owned a warehouse. Their stores were much nicer than they are now, and they were much more profitable. They actually had a chance to sell to Kroger, and the management rejected it!!!! OMG!!! This is maddening!

As for Bruno's at the Summit, there is probably a 0% chance of WD getting it. The property mgr. of the Summit told the Birmingham News that they will no longer have a full service grocery store at the Summit. They want smaller, specialty food stores. As for the other stores, WD could make money off of some of them.

I don't know how I feel about Kroger taking over WD. I actually like WD. I don't think I see Kroger coming in and changing every WD store to a Kroger. I think they would follow their trend of recent acquisitions and leave the stores under Winn-Dixie. WD is still #1 or #2 in most of their markets. It would not take much for Kroger to keep that. Bruno's had already fallen to #3 or lower in most of their areas, so Kroger would have had to work at building a new customer base. A WD deal would make much more sense for them, because their stores are in better shape than most Bruno's stores. They have newer equipment, and many have been remodeled. This is definitely something to watch for.

I am glad I'm not in a Bruno's store now and having to hear every day "are you closing?". I had a chance to go to work at the Food World in Rainbow City, which is 30 miles from my home. I went in one day to walk the store and decide if I wanted to work there or not. The store was in very good shape and was very clean. It was low on stock, but they all are now. I picked up a couple things, and when I went to checkout, the cashier commented to the other cashier who was bagging for her that she was tired of everyone asking when they were closing. I actually had planned to take the job, but then WD called.

As for my interview, it got postponed to 9 AM Saturday morning. The store manager had a conference call and a meeting, so he had to cancel. I'll be sure to let you know what happens.

I just got finished reading a really interesting court document. Yes, I still read Bruno's court documents! Anyway, the union is saying that Bruno's owes them $450,000 for making the deal with C&S happen. Yeah right, anyway, that's not the good part. According to the document, the union contracted with an investment banker by the name of Glanzer. In a letter submitted by Glanzer, he goes through the process of talking about what he did. He apparently held talks with C&S, AWG, ACON Investments, Manning's Foods, Rouses, and a "large national chain." Here is the kicker: he says that in 1998 during bankruptcy 1, he persuaded Kroger to submit a bid for Bruno's that was larger than any other bid they got. Let's go back to 1998. Bruno's had over 200 stores in AL, GA, MS, FL, and TN under Bruno's, Food World, Food Fair, and Foodmax. They also owned a warehouse. Their stores were much nicer than they are now, and they were much more profitable. They actually had a chance to sell to Kroger, and the management rejected it!!!! OMG!!! This is maddening!

As for Bruno's at the Summit, there is probably a 0% chance of WD getting it. The property mgr. of the Summit told the Birmingham News that they will no longer have a full service grocery store at the Summit. They want smaller, specialty food stores. As for the other stores, WD could make money off of some of them.

I don't know how I feel about Kroger taking over WD. I actually like WD. I don't think I see Kroger coming in and changing every WD store to a Kroger. I think they would follow their trend of recent acquisitions and leave the stores under Winn-Dixie. WD is still #1 or #2 in most of their markets. It would not take much for Kroger to keep that. Bruno's had already fallen to #3 or lower in most of their areas, so Kroger would have had to work at building a new customer base. A WD deal would make much more sense for them, because their stores are in better shape than most Bruno's stores. They have newer equipment, and many have been remodeled. This is definitely something to watch for.

I am glad I'm not in a Bruno's store now and having to hear every day "are you closing?". I had a chance to go to work at the Food World in Rainbow City, which is 30 miles from my home. I went in one day to walk the store and decide if I wanted to work there or not. The store was in very good shape and was very clean. It was low on stock, but they all are now. I picked up a couple things, and when I went to checkout, the cashier commented to the other cashier who was bagging for her that she was tired of everyone asking when they were closing. I actually had planned to take the job, but then WD called.

As for my interview, it got postponed to 9 AM Saturday morning. The store manager had a conference call and a meeting, so he had to cancel. I'll be sure to let you know what happens.

Wow.....

I had the chance to talk to a WD co-manager tonight and got the standard "naw we are doin fine, nobody will buy us"......

Yea, who knows if this actually becomes a reality what will happen. I do know that with other stores Kroger owns (Fred Meyer in AK for example, wonderful stores btw wish we had them here, could really give Wal-Mart a run for their money) have Kroger brand stuff. It would seem very weird to buy Kroger peanut butter in a WD store. But hey, again stranger things have happened.

I hope that WD works out for you. WD certainly treated me well, Lord knows I was with the company long enough.

I read that about the Summit too, but we also (and Bayer properties) need to realize that its stupid to let that much space sit empty. If a company, such as WD wants it, then by all means let them have it.

Yea.....I walked into the Greensprings FW Wednesday evening and it was clean, shelves were bare. The employees seemed almost, IDK how to describe it. Shoot if I was in their position, I'd be rejoicing. But they seemed almost attitudinal. If they keep up that, I can promise customers wont be coming back. And I dont think they will. At 645pm...prime time...I counted maybe 5 customers in the whole store. Very sad.......

I think with what WD has going for them, Kroger would buy them and operate them as is. WD has a strong brand image going on with their private labels right now. I don't think Kroger would screw with that. I just don't see Kroger converting the stores to Kroger stores. I think they would leave them as is and let them do business. I just don't think the C&S deal was the best for Bruno's. It might have been all they could do, but I still think it is just postponing the inevitable. All of these stores will close within the next 2 years unless something drastic happens.

I still can't get over the fact that Kroger tried to buy Bruno's back in '98! Can you imagine what it would be like if that had happened? We would now have a Kroger everywhere instead of Publix or WD. Publix would never have moved into AL like they have if Kroger had been here. And I think that is the same reason that Kroger will not come here now...they don't want to compete with Publix.

They are obviously doing pretty good competing with Publix in Atlanta......

And you hit the nail on the head---IT WAS THE BEST THEY COULD DO....and you're exacty right----give C&S 2 years every store will be closed or sold. And I dont buy for one second that some of these stores wont become SFMs.......look for the Mobile area stores to be sold off soon....somethin a vendor mentioned the other day........didnt say to who....but said he heard that they (C&S) were getting ready to sell

As for the conversions.....and this is just me.....but if I was Kroger....everything Montgomery/Auburn (bc they do have a store in Auburn and in Phenix City) NORTH I would convert; MGM south leave as-is. Mainly because it would be easier for these stores to be absorbed into the Atlanta District.....Basically south of MGM could become part of some new Florida district......it would be easier and cheaper....think of the savings on advertising alone....plus all products could come from the ATL DC......no more of this Hammond BS that WD does now.....and as for all the LA stores....most of Kroger's are on the far western side of the state....WDs stores are on eastern side...they could easily be absorbed into Krogers Southwest Division and converted.....now for the South ALA stores, the south GA stores in areas where there is no Kroger, and all the FL stores....leave them alone and let them continue to operate as WD stores. FL does not have Kroger....brinigng the name to FL might actually do some harm instead of good. But like I said, in markets like Birmingham, Meridian, MS and all the remaining stores in MS, Tuscaloosa, Anniston/Gadsden, MGM, and all of LA convert----it would be cheaper and easier for Kroger....plus me personally I just like Kroger if you havent already guessed haha

And as for the private labels....if they become Kroger owned.....they carry Kroger private labels.....thats the case in all Kroger-owned non-Kroger stores....(i.e Fred Meyer, King Soopers, Dillons, etc)....granted some will be "WD" products....but if you'll notice...they are Kroger products that have that stores name on it.....all HBA, Frozen Meats/Seafood, Dairy will be Kroger brand.....

And here is something else intresting....do you ever read supermarketnews.com? Very intresting article on Albertsons LLC (the Albertsons that have stores in LA and FL) wanting to grow the company and expand??? I highly doubt that they will buy WD....but still....I've always thought that Albertsons would be a good fit for Alabama, esp the BHM/MGM areas.....and now with all these emply Brunos/FW stores around, and with some of them being in good locations (i.e Hwy 150, or Wildwood, or even some of the old FW locations, such as Gardendale or Prattville) whats to say that maybe just maybe they wont consider coming up here??? Some of the locations in FL hold their own aganist Publix and even WD.....they have nice, clean stores and their prices and sales are actually pretty good. Plus some stores carry more GM products.....would be a nice alternative to what we have now. Plus they could be VERY easily serviced from the Supervalu DC here......

I can tell you like Kroger! But that's okay because I do too! I just like the name. There's just something about it. It's very catchy! I like your explanation as to what they could do as far as conversions. It makes a lot of sense. Leave WD where it is still strong and well known, and turn everything that could support Kroger into Kroger.

It is interesting that Albertsons LLC wants to grow. They are owned by Cerberus Capital Management. Usually those investment firms don't invest much into companies as far as acquisitions. They just buy them and drain them for all they can get (see Bruno's under KKR & Lonestar Funds). If it were the Albertsons that are owned by Supervalu, it would be okay. And they may still look to expand. I don't know. The problem is that most if not all of the former Bruno's and FW locations are now gutted. They sold the equipment out of them, so it would cost a lot of money to open any of those stores back up. I drove in front of my old store the other day, and it is totally gutted. Everything is gone. The bottom line here is that we need more competition! My mother shops at Walmart, and she has already seen an increase in their prices since Foodmax closed. In most areas now there is only Walmart and WD. Gadsden has Johnson's, which keeps everyone in Etowah County in line! But we need a new grocery store badly, and I don't think Publix is what we need. We need either Kroger or Albertson's. Safeway might be nice, but I don't think they'll come to AL.

As far as the Mobile stores being sold, I think that is the plan and has been the plan for quite some time. There is a reason they kept so many of them. I think they will sell to various owners including Rouses, Food for Less, and Greer's. Food for Less and said it wanted as many as 6 stores, and Greer's was also said to be interested in some stores. Rouses was also known to have visited some coastal stores. SFM will sell anything they can sell!

As for my interview, I got the job. It will be a couple weeks before I can actually start. They do new hire orientation only on Saturdays, and I have something I have to do next Saturday. It will be the next Saturday before I can do that. But at least I know I have the job!

I thought this was interesting from http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf...ent&src=rss

It discusses the prospect of Woolworth's taking over Winn-Dixie, BI-LO, or Bruno's. This was posted June 5, 2009

Woolworths:

Fresh from the acquisition of Macro Wholefoods and Gage Roads Brewing Co, the people at Woolworths are looking at acquisition opportunities in North America and, according to the AFR, have appointed Citigroup's M&A team to do a reconnaissance mission. Possible takeover targets include Winn Dixie, which operates across Florida and the Deep South, Alabama's Bruno's and Bi-Lo, also in the South. There's also been takeover speculation down the aisles in Russia and Brazil, but it is unlikely that Woolies, under Michael Luscombe, will want to venture there. Winn Dixie may be the most attractive target, but America's Kroger, Safeway and SuperValu are believed to be eyeing the 520-store chain. To succeed in the former Confederate States Luscombe may need to apply some other type of grit.

Archived