Bruno's grocery stores

Chris322

I was told that Food City bought the 8 stores in NC and Food City bought the Dist. Center is TN. But that was from a KEHE rep. that thinks he knows everything.

Thanks,

Paul

I would suspect that they end up closing them. The Athens store is supposedly doing less volume than some of the ones that they just closed. Those would be the last 2 non-union stores left in north Alabama. Also, been hearing rumors that the Birmingham distribution center is for sale. If that is true, then the whole SFM chain is done.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told that Food City bought the 8 stores in NC and Food City bought the Dist. Center is TN. But that was from a KEHE rep. that thinks he knows everything.

Thanks,

Paul

I just looked on the C&S website and the TN job listings are not there. I must say I never looked for them before today, but all of the other states are there.

I know that the Aug. date was true for N.C. Would anyone happen to know the date an anouncement will be made for the T.N. stores. We are tired of waiting and wondering. One rumor was spread about Aug. 23. Also, would anyone happen to know who might be looking to buy any of them?

I know that the Aug. date was true for N.C. Would anyone happen to know the date an anouncement will be made for the T.N. stores. We are tired of waiting and wondering. One rumor was spread about Aug. 23. Also, would anyone happen to know who might be looking to buy any of them?

Don't know for sure all I know is that it is an all or nothing deal. SFM wants to sell them all as one, or they will close them. Sept 1 is target date

Don't know for sure all I know is that it is an all or nothing deal. SFM wants to sell them all as one, or they will close them. Sept 1 is target date

Vendor's here in Decatur Al are saying they have been told to prepare halting deliveries to the Beltline Rd SFM in early September. 2nd wave of closings? People here need to know...thanks :(

Why would they buy us from other stores just to turn around and get rid of us, especially so quickly? I know from all the stories I have heard from other areas they all have seemed to gone down hill. Why didn't they act and make it right? Just curious, I guess.

Why would they buy us from other stores just to turn around and get rid of us, especially so quickly? I know from all the stories I have heard from other areas they all have seemed to gone down hill. Why didn't they act and make it right? Just curious, I guess.

Who knows? I think they got in way over their head buying to begin with. Their first quarter was horendous from what I hear. Anyone know on the 2 Decatur stores?

I would suspect that they end up closing them. The Athens store is supposedly doing less volume than some of the ones that they just closed. Those would be the last 2 non-union stores left in north Alabama. Also, been hearing rumors that the Birmingham distribution center is for sale. If that is true, then the whole SFM chain is done.

Birmingham distribution center is not for sale. They have recently posted a job opening for that center.

Birmingham distribution center is not for sale. They have recently posted a job opening for that center.

wartime...any idea on the Beltline SFM in Decatur? Is there a second wave of closures coming? Were the 1st quarter results as bad as they say? Thanks

How accurate are these vendor rumors?

Rumors are rumors...but if their supervisors have been told to prepare to quit bringing product in in September?

Thoughts?

wartime...any idea on the Beltline SFM in Decatur? Is there a second wave of closures coming? Were the 1st quarter results as bad as they say? Thanks

Rumors are rumors...but if their supervisors have been told to prepare to quit bringing product in in September?

Thoughts?

Dont know the answers to any of your questions. Sorry.

Dont know the answers to any of your questions. Sorry.

I would make one more statement. I dont know how accurate it is to refer to it as a second wave of closing. There was a wave closing some Al/Ga/Ms stores just a few weeks ago; then, last week the NC stores were announced to be closing; some in this thread are very sure the Tn stores are about to close. After all of that happens, there will only be Alabama stores (may be a few left in Ga or Ms as well). With only Alabama stores left, what do you guys think will happen? Does the Birmingham distribution center serve anyone other than SFM?

I would make one more statement. I dont know how accurate it is to refer to it as a second wave of closing. There was a wave closing some Al/Ga/Ms stores just a few weeks ago; then, last week the NC stores were announced to be closing; some in this thread are very sure the Tn stores are about to close. After all of that happens, there will only be Alabama stores (may be a few left in Ga or Ms as well). With only Alabama stores left, what do you guys think will happen? Does the Birmingham distribution center serve anyone other than SFM?

Hmm. That's a little scary. Why would they keep the distribution center operational only to serve a couple stores?

B'ham Dist. Center service Bruno's in AL, MS, FL and A&P Supermarkets in LA,MS too.

I was told by a Co-Manager that the TN will stay open(the Company could be lying to him.

B'ham Dist. Center service Bruno's in AL, MS, FL and A&P Supermarkets in LA,MS too.

I was told by a Co-Manager that the TN will stay open(the Company could be lying to him.

Again, I don't know how true it is, but it has been rumored that SFM will take on more Food Worlds. Is it possible that they are closing underpeforming stores in order to take on better stores?

Again, I don't know how true it is, but it has been rumored that SFM will take on more Food Worlds. Is it possible that they are closing underpeforming stores in order to take on better stores?

Chris I have heard the same thing about SFM wanting to buy rest of the Food World stores.

How many foodworld stores are better performing stores? How many stores became underperforming after SFm took over?

How many foodworld stores are better performing stores? How many stores became underperforming after SFm took over?

I honestly don't know how many are better performing. There are a total of 46 Food World (51 if you count the 5 Food Max stores which run like Food Worlds). Probably at least 25-35 of them are good stores.

Archived