New South Main condos

sleepy

14 new condos on South Main Street. Not sure design fits in too well with that area. Looks sort of like a motel to me. Apparently, they're only keeping the facade of the original structure. The article said the rest of the building was metal, so maybe it was just a shed of some type.

original.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 new condos on South Main Street. Not sure design fits in too well with that area. Looks sort of like a motel to me. Apparently, they're only keeping the facade of the original structure. The article said the rest of the building was metal, so maybe it was just a shed of some type.

original.jpg

Sleepy,

I know that your not in Memphis, but do you know where on South Main this is? Anyone else?

Sleepy,

I know that your not in Memphis, but do you know where on South Main this is? Anyone else?

I think its where the trolley turns on the southside of DT. Heres their homepage...

http://www.southmainmemphis.org/default.asp

Couldn't find a map but maybe you'll recognize something in the area

EDIT- Ah figured it out. Its in the Central Station/Civil Rights Museum area.

The tracks in the picture run left to right. Unless the picture is of a location where the tracks turn to go to the river, then it's Main going left to right. What's the perpendicular street then? Trying to visualize the five-story building on the left (unless that's part of the project).

The condos are on the west side of Main, in a little triangular block. It's right where south Main makes a little curve a block or two north of the train station. The other buildings are older buildings.

The condos are on the west side of Main, in a little triangular block. It's right where south Main makes a little curve a block or two north of the train station. The other buildings are older buildings.

Thanks Sleepy. I know where we are talking about now.

railcondos4mq.jpg

Perhaps not relevant to this particular discussion, but I found this site interesting on South Front street, west of Central Station. Numerous condos are being developed and there is still a small rail yard in the middle of it. Guess the rail guys are trying to stick it out to get top dollar for when they have to sell.

Archived