Virginia Beach City Center/Town Center West

vdogg

Are they going to build a 10-12 story tower on the site of Long Branch Steakhouse? If so, should they demolish it first? It takes weeks, if not months, to clean that up, thereby adding to the construction time and cost. So far I think the Pembroke office park is just a cluster of buildings scattered around. If the owners can plan better and more accordingly I can take it. :whistling:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they going to build a 10-12 story tower on the site of Long Branch Steakhouse? If so, should they demolish it first? It takes weeks, if not months, to clean that up, thereby adding to the construction time and cost. So far I think the Pembroke office park is just a cluster of buildings scattered around. If the owners can plan better and more accordingly I can take it. :whistling:

:lol: I am certain they plan on demolishing it first. I would not think they would build right on top of it. Also, this is not an industrial waste site. Demolition and cleanup would be more on the order of a few weeks at the most.

Well the staff report is out, all it said was that "The applicant has requested a deferral of this item to continue to work on the details with staff and staff is agreeable to the deferral". <_< Disappointing to say the very least. No date was given as far as when the presentation was deferred to. When such info becomes availiable I'll pass it along.

Well the staff report is out, all it said was that "The applicant has requested a deferral of this item to continue to work on the details with staff and staff is agreeable to the deferral". <_< Disappointing to say the very least. No date was given as far as when the presentation was deferred to. When such info becomes availiable I'll pass it along.

Thanks vdogg! I wonder what the hold up is on this?

Thanks vdogg! I wonder what the hold up is on this?

Who knows, it sounds like they are just trying to finalize the design and dimensions of the project. I was like a kid at Christmas and waited all day for this report to come out and then nothing. Oh well, hopefully we'll have some city walk news pretty soon to keep us occupied. :shades:

Who knows, it sounds like they are just trying to finalize the design and dimensions of the project. I was like a kid at Christmas and waited all day for this report to come out and then nothing. Oh well, hopefully we'll have some city walk news pretty soon to keep us occupied. :shades:

Sounds like we may have another Hilton on our hands! :rofl:

Sounds like we may have another Hilton on our hands! :rofl:

I hate to say it but it is possible. This project was first alluded to some 2 years ago and there has been nothing in the news since. It's not exactly a Hilton though, they'd have to tease us for 9 months about some grand annoucement, then announce the project and have the nerve to say they need another 6 months to truly announce it, then on top of that still not provide a rendering, and then push the construction start date back by a year. :rolleyes: I say they have a ways to go before I start throwing the Hilton insult at them. :lol:

I hate to say it but it is possible. This project was first alluded to some 2 years ago and there has been nothing in the news since. It's not exactly a Hilton though, they'd have to tease us for 9 months about some grand annoucement, then announce the project and have the nerve to say they need another 6 months to truly announce it, then on top of that still not provide a rendering, and then push the construction start date back by a year. :rolleyes: I say they have a ways to go before I start throwing the Hilton insult at them. :lol:

Yeah i was just relating the excitement you had and then the let down is what i meant

The next planning commission meeting is Feb 8th so we can expect deferral of the staff report until at least Feb 1, being as they always come out a week before the commission meeting. :( Guess i'll just twiddle my thumbs til then. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

City Center will go before the planning commission February 8th. Staff reports should be availiable february 1st and possibly sooner since the presentation had been deferred from their January meeting. From the looks of this, it doesn't look like they changed much however.

deferral.jpg

Staff reports should be availiable february 1st and possibly sooner since the presentation had been deferred from their January meeting.

I stand corrected, make that the 3rd. I still hold out hope that they may put something out sooner however.

So this looks to be that pawn shop and steak place that went out of business. I guess the Pembroke building (IV or V?) is not included in this change.

If you're referring to Pembroke VI, it's not referred to in any of the plans at the moment.

The reason I mentioned, isn't that the building they are supposed to demolish and build a midrise?

That seemed to be the direction they were heading for sometime but for whatever reason it seems as though the plans have changed. This property wasn't even a part of their portfolio when the retail office park was initially conceived so who knows? :dontknow: I hope they still plan some renovation/demolition of the existing structures. This blue tops of brown buildings scheme is not going to cut it.

they looked better before the blue tops. Now we can say, "those over there, with the blue tops, yeah.....that's our old town."

Yeah, i don't know what they were thinking with that color scheme but i'm not letting them anywhere near my house with a paintbrush. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of the Pembroke Office Park...Do any of you know of the German restaurant the is on the ground floor of Pembroke 1, or maybe 6? I've only heard of it. The only authentic German joint I've been to besides the Busch Gardens Festhaus :blink: is the Beer Garten in Olde Town Portsmouth, which is awesome. They have one hell of a beer/cider selection.

Anyway, do any of you know of the place in Pembroke? I'd like to check it out.

Archived