Virginia Beach City Center/Town Center West

vdogg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the archway over the balconies and the pillars at the entrance. I don't recall seeing anything like that in TC yet. That little difference to me, gives it a good look- Neo-classical. Hopefully the Pembroke office park with follow the urban suit.

It looks just like the building at City Center in Newport News. Not like thats a bad thing.

On the corner of Kellam Rd and Va. Beach Blvd, across from the City Walk development. It is 3 intersections west of Indipendence Blvd and going were a Long Branch Steakhouse used to be. It is pushing the western edge of "Downtown"- as it were, if you will. :)

If you look at the birds eyes rendering of City Walk on that thread, Kellam is the angled street. You can see the plot in the rendering. It's the inside corner of Kellam/Va. Beach, as I said across from City Walk...just to clearify.

Does anyone know if the Pembroke Six building will torn down to make way for this construction?

No, It will not be torn down. A little issue came up as a result of how close the garage will be to Pembrokes property line, thus blocking the view of a portion of the building, but Pem 6 will definately not be torn down.

• 3 months later...

Wow. A lot more information. Its funny. I just passed the site tonight for the first time in months and was wondering about it. Nice update. It's nice to hear about a developer that is not asking for city subsities or public partnership. Now, some of those parcels around it need some real cleaning. BTW- When is City Walk kickin' into gear?

Metalman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I noticed while checking out the MLS, a TCW listing is now there. A 2 BR, 2.5 BA unit ((1203 sq feet) is asking $455k. Although the units are loaded with extras (granite countertops, hardwoods) it still seems a bit steeped considering its a little removed from the rest of TC.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't believe I forgot to mention this. A week ago there was a surveying crew on site with some men in hard hats walking around with clip boards. We can only assume that this is connected to the actual project itself. I wonder how close we are to site work actually getting underway?

• 8 months later...

Archived