Virginia Beach City Center/Town Center West

vdogg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would be this a big announcment? :unsure:

It would be an urbanplanet annoucement :lol: , which would be big enough for us. I'm not sure if an article is timed to coincide with the release of the staff reports or not, I just know that they should be out with all details of this project no later than tommorrow.

Ladies and gentlemen, here are some very preliminary sketches of "Town Center West"

towncenterwest2.jpg

details.jpg

Sorry i'm so short on details but i'm a bit overwhelmed today. You guys have to give me a chance to catch up and then i'll explain more and add this to the projects listing. I think from the description we're looking at a total of 11 floors.

I won't complain. An eleven story building in that location will surely have a good presence lol. I hope this causes the owners of that flea market across the street to get busy with redevelopment plans as well.

11? Isn't it 9 stories?

The firts 5 floors will be garage and some retail office. The top 6 will be condo/office, at least from what I was told. I'll check again though.

It looked from the rendering that Floor 1 is retail, floors 2-7 are office, and floors 8 & 9 are residential. The 5-story garage appears attached.

It looked from the rendering that Floor 1 is retail, floors 2-7 are office, and floors 8 & 9 are residential. The 5-story garage appears attached.

Hmm...Perhaps you're right. A bit unispiring. This looks absolutely nothing like the original rendering that I saw for the retail office park (full color too mind you) so perhaps there is some confusion and this is a completely different building. :unsure: At either rate this thread and the subsequent listing will be renamed as soon as I get done organizing Norfolk.

overall I like it, nothing outstanding, but should have a nice presense for now.

My question is how will this building sit on its lot? I think that would answer the question if it looks too suburban. Also I am curious if they are planning on making this the first step in redeveloping the office park?

In a more general sense, this building will probably stand as a marker as the outer edge of downtown.

overall I like it, nothing outstanding, but should have a nice presense for now.

My question is how will this building sit on its lot? I think that would answer the question if it looks too suburban. Also I am curious if they are planning on making this the first step in redeveloping the office park?

In a more general sense, this building will probably stand as a marker as the outer edge of downtown.

I have many more documents where that came from, just havent gotten around to posting them yet.

I have many more documents where that came from, just havent gotten around to posting them yet.

ohh!! ?? so like hurry it up or something! :w00t:

I was kind of thinking the same thing. This will be located on the outer fringes. Hopefully some nice urban infill will continue to densify the immediate areas.

As promised, here are the additional details.

siteplan1.jpg

siteplan2.jpg

siteplan3.jpg

siteplan5.jpg

details2.jpg

Is there any way to clear the drawings up a bit. The lines and numbers outside of each floor will tell you what the elevations for each floor will be which should let you know how tall this building will be. :whistling:

I've tried but my photo editing skills are not that great. If you look at the 2nd overhead shot from the top (the color one) it clearly states "12-story mixed office, retail, and condominiums" right underneath the giant first street. It also

says "6-story parking garage" on that same rendering. We may have to wait til the article to see which total is right, 9 or 12. :unsure:

On the colored drawing you can see it says the tower will be 12 stroies and the parking will be 6.

Yeah, and that's the only actual total given in the document, which is frustrating because the drawings don't match up. I was really hoping for some more finished renderings.

On the colored drawing you can see it says the tower will be 12 stroies and the parking will be 6.

Those are dated from 9/22/05. The zoning change request and elevation drawings are dated last month and add up to a 9 story building and an attached 5-story garage. They need to clear the confusion. Oh, and is this the 10-12 story building with garage that the Pembroke Office Park people kept talking about? I know they were supposed to build it on the existing office park property, but did they just purchase additional land instead?

Those are dated from 9/22/05. The zoning change request and elevation drawings are dated last month and add up to a 9 story building and an attached 5-story garage. They need to clear the confusion. Oh, and is this the 10-12 story building with garage that the Pembroke Office Park people kept talking about? I know they were supposed to build it on the existing office park property, but did they just purchase additional land instead?

I believe so but i'm a bit confused because all this time I had been led to believe that the sturcture was going to be on existing property, not newly purchased property. I don't know. It is possible they may have some additional plans for the Pembroke property itself.

Archived