Virginia Beach City Center/Town Center West

vdogg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An interesting tidbit of info, City Center LLC is also the company responsible for the development of the original Town Center. They were formed specifically for that purpose. Perhaps they are trying to form a true Town Center West and this is just the first structure.

Had a new tire put on at Firestone right near TC West (forgot my camera) and the guy there knew of TCW. He said in fact across the street that the flea market that will also be redeveloped. Just more confirmation things are in the works. :thumbsup:

Did you change both sides? It will mess your alignment up!

I was just talking about the FX building/ Bill's Flea Market to some friends yesterday. Have you been in there? It is such a subculture. It's like the "Evolution of Man" goes backwards as you walk in. It reminds me of something from Blade Runner. :rofl: There used to be decent markets in there. Now, it's ultra-shadey. Years ago my buddy bought a high-dollar Euphonium mouthpiece (brass instrument, like a baritone) from a vendor who thought it was a marijuana one-hitter. :huh:

I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing the place. I just kinda find it unsettling. No offense to anyone who works/shops/owns the place if your reading this. :)

Do you guys remember when that place first opened. It was killer. It had the conveyor belt pull you in to the main floor of the store. For the late 80's I remember being "wow"ed as a kid.

Anybody else have "experiences" in Bill's Flea Market?

That would add so much more depth to downtown VB. Then they need to just keep on going all the way to Witchduck road. There are some car dealerships that are doing well but all the other businesses are just sprawled about...

just keep the Krispy Kreme and the Formosa mongolian buffet. :)

Edit-Sorry, I made a profane typo. Opps. Fixed now.

Yeah, I think it would really bet neat if TCW would be the western most fringe of DT then everything else could be redeveloped along both sides of the street as mixed use construction. Imagine riding down the blvd seeing all the high rises and dense urban buildings along that corridor! :yahoo:

Metalman, You need to learn how to type :P Anyways, I see this as just being the begining of it all. One day the Pembroke office park area, the FX area, the old hannafords sight and all of the adjacant land will be redeveloped. I just hope and pray that it's with world class buildings and not more Vitamin shope types of developement.

Just got a call back from the staff planner. This project will be 9 stories. It was heard by the planning commission today and will not go before council for another month and a half. This project is completely separate from the "Pembroke retail and Office Park" mentioned in the pilot article last year (hence some of my confusion), she was adamant about making that point. Therefore I have a few corrections to make and it looks as though we will be looking forward to another 10-12 story building in that general location at sometime in the future. :thumbsup:

Just got a call back from the staff planner. This project will be 9 stories. It was heard by the planning commission today and will not go before council for another month and a half. This project is completely separate from the "Pembroke retail and Office Park" mentioned in the pilot article last year (hence some of my confusion), she was adamant about making that point. Therefore I have a few corrections to make and it looks as though we will be looking forward to another 10-12 story building in that general location at sometime in the future. :thumbsup:

That is awesome. Pembroke One is about 6 stories so imagine how much taller 9 will be. That will truly anchor the west end of the transition area. And hopefully sooner than later the other Pembroke building will be on the way.

Mixed Use development planned west of Town Center :whistling:

Economic spinoffs from Town Center are expanding westward down Virginia Beach Boulevard.

The owner of the former Longbranch Steakhouse & Saloon, located a half-mile west of Town Center, plans to redevelop the property into a nine-story mid-rise featuring shops, offices and condominiums......

Archived