CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Liberty Square Rennovations

RestedTraveler

The sign in the window says "Manna Deli." I ate at their former location on E. McBee Avenue a few years ago. It had a very clean atmosphere, but I don't recall them serving breakfast at that location. I think it is connected with some local church.

I wonder if the Christian Exodus is behind this? :rofl:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sign in the window says "Manna Deli." I ate at their former location on E. McBee Avenue a few years ago. It had a very clean atmosphere, but I don't recall them serving breakfast at that location. I think it is connected with some local church.

How is this place going to serve cocktails and wine if it's connected with a church?

A coworker was checking out the liberty quotes at Liberty Square this weekend and apparently one of them is misquoted: A Rousseau quote should say 'A country can not exist without liberty just as liberty cannot exist without virtue' actually reads "with virtue".

We're going to contact Liberty or Rescom to see if they can fix that before any grand opening or ribbon cutting. Pretty funny though.

OOPS.

110545931_ec835b3000.jpg

• 2 months later...

There's an awesome fountain on the Plaza at One Liberty Square now, very similar to what I have been suggesting all along for Piazza Bergamo. Water shoots from various points into a big bowl in the center. Speakers have been installed all around the area too, so I can only presume that the fountain will be timed with music. :unsure:

Here's a photo:

145628119_02c78672d3_b.jpg

Cool fountain!

Speaking of Liberty Square; does anyone here know what that very large Indian (as in India) group was doing today at the Hyatt Regency? Everyone was dressed in authentic Indian attire and I noticed a few buses parked near the entrance. I know this weekend is the Greek Festival (right?), but this one kind of took me by surprise. Seems like every week there is something big resulting in more international visitors being in Greenville. That is just fine with me! We welcome everyone with open arms. :D

The Greek Festival is next weekend at St. George Greek Orthodox Cathedral.

Today was H.O.G. Day though. I saw various groups out and about the county throughout the morning, from Highway 11 to Downtown, dressed in like T-Shirts with their corporate logos, doing their thing to help the community in some way. I doubt this group had anything to do with that though? :unsure:

Hey Trey! Sorry for stealing your thunder on the Liberty Square Fountain. I drove by, saw it, and had to park (in the Loading/Unloading Zone on Insignia Place) and get out. I probably snapped 100 or so photos off while I was there, but couldn't quite get a good shot (had the wrong lens with me).

Cool fountain!

Speaking of Liberty Square; does anyone here know what that very large Indian (as in India) group was doing today at the Hyatt Regency? Everyone was dressed in authentic Indian attire and I noticed a few buses parked near the entrance. I know this weekend is the Greek Festival (right?), but this one kind of took me by surprise. Seems like every week there is something big resulting in more international visitors being in Greenville. That is just fine with me! We welcome everyone with open arms. :D

There was an Indian wedding at the Hyatt today. A really good friend of mine (who is Indian) was in attendance, since the bride is a family friend of hers. Per tradition, the attendees wear the Indian garb. Did you get any pictures? If so, they would make for a cool photo of the day since the attire is quite festive and interesting.

RT, you beat me to the fountain also. Here are some more pictures around Liberty Square. I think this project would be a good argument for keeping some grass at Bergamo Plaza. This space is far more inviting than it was before when it was paved from one end to the other.

146890376_f0b4f3977a_o.jpg

146890377_bbcbdf6de6_o.jpg

146890378_54139f2800_o.jpg

146890379_617e9df463_o.jpg

146890381_46832ab7af_o.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived