Scott Custer Business Person of the Year

avery

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RBC and Scott Custer

Very good read on TBJ's person of the year. Interesting on how RBC considered Orlando, SC and Atlanta for their headquarters. Glad to see they are around and pegged Raleigh as their new home. Thanks RBC and Mr. Custer.

I think that is a wise choice and Raleigh will be reaping in its benefits for years to come. He may have single handedly along with Progress Energy laid down the Red Carpet for others to follow suit in downtown.

This man has made the Biggest anouncement for downtown Raleigh since Progress Energy and nobody else cares to comment on this.Am I the only one besides Avery that thinks he deserves a round of applause for bringing a HQ Bank to Raleigh??? There sure was a lot of speculation on his HQ size then he far exceeded it.

Come on...wheres the spirit?

from the TBJ article: "It will, in fact, be the U.S. headquarters of the largest bank in Canada. If Custer and his colleagues are successful in growing RBC Centura into the national player they envision, Raleigh would loom larger in the minds of bankers and customers everywhere."

:thumbsup: to Scott Custer

I have been out of the office on vacation, but really liked TBJ's coverage and do think there is no other person who has had a bigger impact on the area's business scene than Mr. Custer.

I was going to wait till they opened the Fayetville Street branch in the ground floor of the tower, but might just open my "thank you" account now to show local support.

Archived