• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Independence Air is Done in Charlotte

Like the title says, Independence Air is history. They will soon fly their last flight out of Charlotte. That leaves just one discount carrier, AirTran.

Greensboro is losing Independence Air this week, too. They only had something like three flights a day at PTI so I guess it isn't a huge issue, but didn't they also lose AirTran a year or so ago?

PTI was always my favorite airport to use.

Greensboro is losing Independence Air this week, too. They only had something like three flights a day at PTI so I guess it isn't a huge issue, but didn't they also lose AirTran a year or so ago?

PTI was always my favorite airport to use.

Yes we lost Air Tran and now Independence Air. I think PTI is about to go right down the ole' john.

There really is something to the higher price, broad service area that US Airways offers in this town.

Hopefully US Airways will keep more reasonable fares, as they seem to have done in the past month, even with the low fare competition leaving.