• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Do You like new CLT Forum Arrangement?

Do You like new CLT Forum Arrangement?   28 members have voted

1. 1. Do You like new CLT Forum Arrangement?

• No - change it back
    • Yes - makes it easier to find stuff
    • I want something else (explain)
    • What Change?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

Folks,

I've made some organizational changes to the forum. The long term projects have been moved into their own subforum, and the coffee house eliminated. This will bring the main CLT forum back in line with the rest of the site.

Please let us know what you think.

For me personally, I look for updates on the projects first, and then sometimes venture to the coffeehouse, so this makes it more difficult for me to see what projects are being currently discussed.....with that said, I liked the old lay-out, but then again, I'm always change adverse....I kept MS Windows 3.2 loaded for years after Windows 95 came out.

For me personally, I look for updates on the projects first, and then sometimes venture to the coffeehouse, so this makes it more difficult for me to see what projects are being currently discussed.....

I completely agree with that.

I don't like it at all....most of us are interested in development/'scraper news, not kaffeklatsch. For me it just means one additional mouse click to get to what I really want. Change please.

One of the reasons for changing it back to close to what it was, is there has been a big drop off in forum views for Charlotte (relative to the rest of the site) in the 3-4 months since we moved to the subforums.

I like sometimes like to look at the off angle stories and post before getting in to the meat and potatoes.

New change is fine, it just threw me with bad bookmarks hehe.

I recommend everyone checking out the forum's new RSS feed. I am so glad one forum software has done it; now you can track all Charlotte and it's sub forums from one feed and that makes it spectacularly quick way to gain whats going on.

Pssst.. its in the bottom left ;)

Firefox has livebookmarks which can fit your RSS feed, or use one of the many aggregators from Yahoo & Bloglines to OS/client apps like Newsgator or Blogbridge.

-a

Thanks for mentioning the RSS feed. Its a great way to stay on top of what is going on here.

Yes, I think it's a more organized way to keep up with the skyscrapers/new construction uptown

Everything seems to be fine to me.

Its always good to ask us posters of what we think, it makes our voice count unlike the punchcard ballots in Florida :rofl:

Move Piedmont Town Centre to Charlotte Skyscrapers {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Projects {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Construction.

I'm another RSS user, except for today, so I didn't notice the difference.