Redevelopment of Old Bain Water Treatment Plant

DanRNC

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WRAL has a story about Greg Hatem redeveloping/renovating an old water treatment plant on the outskirts of downtown into a brewery/winery, etc. It looks like a very cool building with tons of potential.

Link to WRAL

I saw this on the news last night. I does look like it has great potential. I think a winery would do better than a brewery myself. It certainly would be unique.

I could swear we had a thread on this project several months back but I can't seem to turn it up.

Interestingly, this place has an address on Fayetteville Street, although it's the old alignment south of downtown that got severed long ago with the construction of Memorial Auditorium and any number of other street improvements.

A very nice building with a lot of potential for something cool. However, it is in a random part of town that will hinder its success. This section of town is only accessible from Wilmington Street or through the Caraleigh neighborhood. I'm not sure if everyone is familiar with this part of town, but I wouldn't recommend walking down there at night. A lot of homeless people and problems because of all the projects around the area. But good luck to the project, perhaps it will help to re-shape the area.

Archived