Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Flying Brick!

For some strange reason, a whole section of brick came crashing down from the facade of the Noble Wood Products Building near Commerce & Cherry:

81583211_c72b389b4b_b.jpg

81583213_ac8d7d0d5b_b.jpg

:( Fox17 showed up right as I was leaving, heh.

Maybe they were jealous of the brick-layed street/sidewalk bricks. :huh: I guess someone will just have to fix that building up now :whistling:

Yah, all the news organizations were there getting file footage last night. I bet I get a glimpse of you on 17 tonight! For some reason neither WZZM or WOOD captured the amount of bricks that actually fell more then you have. I thought just a few fell, not a whole friggin truck load. :shok:

Yah, all the news organizations were there getting file footage last night. I bet I get a glimpse of you on 17 tonight! For some reason neither WZZM or WOOD captured the amount of bricks that actually fell more then you have. I thought just a few fell, not a whole friggin truck load. :shok:

No, they were just getting out of their Jeep Liberty as I was leaving. I was interviewed on WZZM last fall (nothing crime related :P ), and it was pretty nerve-racking. Don't ask.

Too weird, I drive by this building nearly everyday and for some reason last night I noticed the sign on the building for the first time. Tthen I was confused today when the street was closed...but it all makes sense now.

Thats an event I would have loved to captured on camera... It almosts looks as if one brick just said, "screw it!" fell off and away they fell.

Doesn't this building have a "Lofts" sign on it? Or am I thinking of the building one block over?

Someone needs to stabilize that building before it comes crashing down. Demolition through Neglect?

Joe

Souvenirs. :ph34r: It looks like a great time to redo the backyard patio with historic pavers...
Haha, do you think that they'll put the bricks back up? If not, would they have to somehow stabilize the rest of the bricks around that area where they fell off from?

Haha, do you think that they'll put the bricks back up? If not, would they have to somehow stabilize the rest of the bricks around that area where they fell off from?

I saw that they had a city engineer looking into the cause. I'm sure based on this, they either have to redo a lot of brick, or put some sort of mesh for the time being over the outsided to keep more from falling until it's redone.

Is this building actually occupied by anything? You CAR sneaks might know who owns the place :ph34r:

CAR sneaks might know who owns the place :ph34r:

According to the City of Grand Rapids website it is a gent by the name of Paul Shedleski. I have no idea who he is.

The owner, Paul, is an acquaintance of mine. He lives in the building. Highly intelligent, very nice guy. I worked on the road for 2 years with his best friend. Traveled the entire US, Canada and into Mexico. We installed computer systems for the now infamous CyberNet.

For some strange reason, a whole section of brick came crashing down from the facade of the Noble Wood Products Building near Commerce & Cherry:

Can you say: Freeze, Thaw, Freeze,Thaw