50 Louis NW

GRDadof3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Never heard of them before. Other than bananas, does anyone know what type of place this will be?

They are going to try to cater to the young professional crowd that wants something a bit more refined then Taps or Gardella's. If I had to equate it to something I would say that it will be similar to WaterWorks.

Their intention was to try to use the beauty of the space, i.e. heavy timber construction, large windows, exposed brick, etc. rather then decorate it with a lot of crud.

They are going to try to cater to the young professional crowd that wants something a bit more refined then Taps or Gardella's. If I had to equate it to something I would say that it will be similar to WaterWorks.

Their intention was to try to use the beauty of the space, i.e. heavy timber construction, large windows, exposed brick, etc. rather then decorate it with a lot of crud.

Interesting name for that kind of a place. It would probably make a good discussion for my Market Research class :D

So no burgers and fries? :(

Does D.t Grand Rapids really need more resturants? Id think we would be to about saturation point by now :unsure:

Anyone know who the tenant is going to be for the corner of the Trade Center Building? I just noticed today that it says "leased" and Cornerstone Architects and Pioneer signs are in the windows. Used to be a pager store I believe.

81583208_d4a83d9a90_b.jpg

81583210_8b0de67335_b.jpg

Someone could get on the horn to John Mundell at CBRE if they were so inclined:

i honestly would like to see a bk or mcdonalds in the cba - i know its nothing fancy but it would certainly cater to my tastes when im just walking around downtown and want something cheaper.

That crap is so bad for you. Just hit Subway :shades: Even a deli style sub is cheaper and better.

Yeah totally agree it seems most the resturants d.t are a little upscale and more expensive there should be a nice gresy burger joint down there :thumbsup:

i honestly would like to see a bk or mcdonalds in the cba - i know its nothing fancy but it would certainly cater to my tastes when im just walking around downtown and want something cheaper.

There is one. It's called the Choo Choo Grill. :thumbsup:

well I mean downtown, downtown, not far out on the west side :P

and yes I do know about the Choo Choo, my gran pappy always refers to it each time they pass it. How he used to go there when he worked off Ann St.

Archived