Spring time in January Part 1

Lexy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey lexy, did you go to southstreet bar and grill when you were on adelicia and 20th? they have awesome cobbler. we should have a forum meet there one night in the summer when we can sit on the patio and people watch.

Yep. Great atmosphere there.

Dave, I think there is laws of nature that prevent such actions form happening. I maybe worong. LOL!!!

Wow!

I love that set of buildings that sit on a block and are light yellow, red, and blue... They are GREAT!! Nice to see Nashville adding some (oh my gosh, dare I say it?) COLOR!!! What is the name of that development? Where is it located at? Those 2 gray residential buildings are very nice too... They remind me of the proposed Harrison Lofts. Where are they? Around Centenial Park? As for those more colorful buildings... see how nice they look even in the winter? Thats why I think places that have 4 seasons should have more color on their buildings... everything looks pretty sad and drab when there are no leaves on trees and no grass, and if it hasn't snowed... it just looks all gray and not very nice at all... but if you add some great color to your buildings, everything looks great even in winter. This is what you see in Europe. They use LOTS of colors on their buildings and so the winters there don't look as drab as they do here. I really hope whoever was the developer of those buildings (anyone know?) will place many others around town and leave some great color in Nashville!! If it is done tastefully and with the right architecture (as is the case here), it really works!!! What do you guys think?

Wow!

I love that set of buildings that sit on a block and are light yellow, red, and blue... They are GREAT!! Nice to see Nashville adding some (oh my gosh, dare I say it?) COLOR!!! What is the name of that development? Where is it located at? Those 2 gray residential buildings are very nice too... They remind me of the proposed Harrison Lofts. Where are they? Around Centenial Park? As for those more colorful buildings... see how nice they look even in the winter? Thats why I think places that have 4 seasons should have more color on their buildings... everything looks pretty sad and drab when there are no leaves on trees and no grass, and if it hasn't snowed... it just looks all gray and not very nice at all... but if you add some great color to your buildings, everything looks great even in winter. This is what you see in Europe. They use LOTS of colors on their buildings and so the winters there don't look as drab as they do here. I really hope whoever was the developer of those buildings (anyone know?) will place many others around town and leave some great color in Nashville!! If it is done tastefully and with the right architecture (as is the case here), it really works!!! What do you guys think?

Hey Paula, thanks for stopping by. To answer some question, those buildings (all of them in question here) are right over by Music Square and Vanderbilt. The colorful building is Bristol on Broadway developed by, well, the Bristol Company. It was just a parking lot so I am pleased with the finished product. Many of the new develpments in Nashville are changing it up a bit and not just relying on one facade for their developments. It's to the point where developers are doing things to set their developments apart form the rest. Painting and detail is a big place where that transformation is starting to take place. In other words, no three developments look alike. For example...Bristol on Broadway

Picture1607.jpg

And West End Lofts

Picture1416.jpg

Both cater to the same demo, just one is very different than the other. They have distinguished themselves from the other.

Hey Lexy,

Thanks for the reply. Yes it will be nice to have deversity in the architecture and finish of these new developments. And I equally love both the Bristow on Broadway and the West End Lofts (funny, I saw renderings for these, but didn't remember seeing the bristow on broadway as having so much color... ).. and I had totally forgotten about the west end lofts... I like both, and think the colors are appropriate for both projects within their respective architectural styles.. Hope to see alot more diversity in the future! These residential buildings, though not as tall as skyscrapers, and not in the downtown core, will go a long way in changing the look of Nashville, and the personality of the city. It will be great to see how it will all look in the end. I think sometimes I give the impression that I don't like any of the original buildings, and thats not the case. I LOVE LOVE LOVE older historical buildings (such as the kind one sees on the Vandy campus, and farther down on West End, around Vandy). Even though they are in shades of gray, and brick and browns. I DO dislike the 60's and 70's architecture, but believe that if it is rehabbed to look more modern, it can be greatly improved on. But I DO think that when something new is being built, it SHOULD inject more color, and diversity, and different architectural styles, or else all you have is this cookie cutter conformity and you end up with a city that is nothing more than a Verticle Suburb... and none of us want that do we? So, all this to say that I cant wait to see how all this will look together in a few years... I think the mix of old and new will really make for an interesting cityscape!

Wanted to update you guys on Long Blvd. I was walking aver that way yesterday and noticed several more lots for sale. Even after they tore down 8 houses on this street, I noticed another 7 or 8 houses for sale on that street or just off of it. There is another house ready to moved across the street from the Greymont and it looks as if several more are empty. The area that had the 8 homes on it is completely cleared except for the trees. I would expect to see zoning signs go up here before long. I don't have any idea who bought them, but its a large parcel. My only problem taking down some of these homes is that the some of the ones torn down were nice old homes with character. There are a number of homes over in that neighborhood that need to come down.

There may be another mid-rise on Poston as well. We discussed this at the meet on Saturday.

Hey, Lexy. Great job with those mid-town pictures. They're some of best I've ever seen of that area. Just like Paula, I really do like the Bristol development. I'd like to see a few more just like it. Also, the development going on around 31st and West End is amazing.

Finally, I'm not too familiar with the exact location of the Adelicia Condos site. Can you take a picture of that for us? I assume a crane will rising above that site very soon.

Archived