The Village At South Park

atlrvr

Here's news on the Crate & Barrel......it will NOT be coming to Morrison Place. Their terms were on the border of ludicrous and would have been a money loser for Grubb. They have signed a upscale steakhouse. The Earth Fare is almost certain, but an actual lease has not been signed. Apparantly the Torringdon EF is the number one store in the chain.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's news on the Crate & Barrel......it will NOT be coming to Morrison Place.  Their terms were on the border of ludicrous and would have been a money loser for Grubb.  They have signed a upscale steakhouse.  The Earth Fare is almost certain, but an actual lease has not been signed.  Apparantly the Torringdon EF is the number one store in the chain.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will Crate & Barrel be coming at all? I'm suprised Charlotte doesn't have one yet..

From what I hear, they are as good as signed to the new mixed-use portion of the mall property, known as Holiday Park.....Simon has a lot more "negotiating" power than Grubb does. Construction begins on that next year I believe and should take a little over a year, so C&B should open around mid to late 2007.

Holiday Park is where the Christmas Tree is each year, so the corner of Morrison and Sharon.....I've been told by someone who has seen renderings that it is architectually ok, with a brick base and stucco upper. Pretty traditional design, but not completely neo-georgian......think along the lines of 5th and Poplar maybe.....I think it is supposed to be 4 stories with parking underneath.

cantnot.......pretty much, except that it will be right at the corner and address the street in an urban manner.....I'm not exactly sure how it will work with Dillard's parking deck, but it may share, or all of it's parking may be in a separate deck.

• 4 months later...

Crate & Barrel is coming to Charlotte, finally.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/new...ws/12359496.htm

They will open a full-size store near SouthPark in Fall 2006. (The Raleigh store is not fullsize--its doesn't carry furniture).

I figured this would happen at some point with them opening a distribution center in the metro area.

Not my cup and tea, but its good for the area.

well it's finally official... I think Leigh Dyer at the Observer once said that she's gotten people asking about this store coming to Charlotte more than any other store, so i'm sure a lot of people will be satisfied with it.

Near SouthPark... as in SouthPark Village?

I don't think it's gonna be in the actual mall itself

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could be on mall ground. I remember looking at the SouthPark zoning map that was posted here one day and it showed a large spot for a stand alone building in front of Maggiano's along Sharon Rd.

I for one am excited for Crate and Barrel. Their stuff is much nicer than Bed Bath and Beyond but less expensive than Williams Sonoma. It is a nice middle ground for housewares (and a very large selection to boot).

It's not going in the mall - the article says it's coming to the Southpark mall area - either it's independent, or it will be located at one of the new projects going up, such as Piedmont Row, Morrison, or Village at Southpark.

It also says they will most likely open an outlet store at the distribution center in Lincoln County in 2008..

Interestingly, the article now has deleted "the Southpark area", and there is no mention of where it will go. I know that Simon wanted them at the "village of SP", and I was told they landed them, but what if they went to Elizabeth Ave???? Not to get my hopes up.

Archived