Dave's East Tour Continues

it's just dave

Okay, East Nashville tour. I took a drive New Years Day morning and concentrated on the Edgefield/Lockeland Springs area. These are the areas that are getting most of the attention lately, and the pictures should show you why. East Nashville's reputation as a haven for crime and low income housing is, on some levels, well deserved. But, the continuing gentrification of these neighborhoods could give any diehard West Sider a reason to think again. Someday, I'll get out and shoot some pix of the not-so-pleasant, but very real parts of East Nashville that's not so well-known. I think I'll take the truck this time. Then, I'll hit Inglewood and surrounding areas. There's so much more to our central city than downtwon. Time to travel around the inner city and see what's there. Here's a start. Hope you don't find these threads too exhausting. I didn't pay too much attention to what Photobucket was doing to my order, so just look at these as a random drive around a two to three square mile area just a mile or two from Nashville's city center. Hope you enjoy. If you don't, pity, I'm gonna load them all. :)

Typical Bungalow

YelBungalow.jpg

New-ish Condos on Woodland Street.

WoodlLofts.jpg

Woodland Street

Woodland.jpg

Woodland at 15th with Lockeland Springs School at the end, Top of Woodland Bed & Breakfast foreground

WoodBB.jpg

Nifty House

Victorian13th.jpg

Even niftier house, and old Victorian, completely redone...with large home theater behind upper right windows

VicFarmHouse.jpg

I believe this is Fatherland with Tulip Street Methodist in background

TulipStCh.jpg

Tudor on Greenwood Ave, across from Bailey School. My grandparents lived two doors down when I was a kid. Mom lived there until she married.

TudorGwd.jpg

I've always like this one.

Tudor2.jpg

Top of Woodland Bed and Breakfast

TopWoodlandBB.jpg

Stratton Ave. The mayor lives on this street, his house will come up later.

Stratton.jpg

This house on Stratton has always fascinated me. Looks solid.

StoneFort.jpg

Shotguns in Edgefield. Don't think cheap.

Shotguns.jpg

Quick trip to Starbucks downtown. Run, Forest, Run.

Run.jpg

Old school. Ross? I should know this.

RossSchool.jpg

Current rehabbing going on Woodland. I was in the alley.

RehabMajor.jpg

Mayor Bill Purcell's house is the blue one with the cool porches.

Purcell.jpg

Presbyterian Church across from East Magnet. Will be a major component of the East Roundabout project.

PreysChurch.jpg

Rendering of the 37206 Building, a component of Martin's Corner, and $20-30 Million development a stone's throw from Five Points. Replaces some real crap.

Phase2MtnCrnr.jpg

Love this house. On the periphery of Martin's Corner near 11th and Fatherland.

MtnsCornerOld.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived