Daves's East Tour

it's just dave

Here we go. Part II.

This old house was on the property of the Martin's Corner development. It was moved one block away and is undergoing a 2000 sq ft addtion along with the rehab. Hmmm, copper flashing. I like it.

MtnHouseMove.jpg

They moved the old house for Martin's Corner and these single family homes are the replacements. This is Phase One Martin's Corner development. Very cool. Inside and out.

MtnCrnrPhase1.jpg

I think I've show this one before, but it's worth a revisit. First time I saw this house, it was literally falling down. Hundred's of thousands later, and you've got this nice little place.

MansionRehab.jpg

And this one is next door. There's a lot in between. Something will go there someday. Hopefully, it will fit in. Regulations on building are more than tough, we won't worry.

MansionHly2.jpg

Was inside this one years ago. Larry and Larry have been working on this Italianate mansion for 20 years. Utterly amazing. It's on South 5th.

LarrysHouse.jpg

Holly Street

KensHouse.jpg

Here's your chance. Fatherland St. I think. A little TLC and...

ForSale.jpg

Back of a Forrest Ave. rehab. I've been watching this one. They took it down to barebones, but kept the historical integrity. Will look great. And think state-of-the-art kitchen and the works. Amazing stuff going on around here.

ForrestRehab1.jpg

New discovery on Forrest.

Forrest18th.jpg

More Forrest Ave.

Forrest.jpg

Fatherland Street approaching Shelby Park. Note the trees. This one was missed by the 1997 tornado which pretty much wiped out the large trees in a large portion of East Nashville.

FathTrees.jpg

Fatherland St. All new construction. Think not cheap here, too. Note the little market at the end. I'll have a pic of that later on. Gritty.

FatherNew.jpg

Fomerly Fatherland Baptist Church. Now, I'm not sure, something religious. I see full bands through the windows.

FathBapt.jpg

One of many rainbows in the area.

EastRainbw.jpg

East Middle School. High School is next door. My mom attended here. Graduated Class of '41 from East High.

EastMiddle.jpg

Eastland Avenue. The closest house is new. The large white one is mid-19th Century. It took a lickin' in the tornado. Lost the entire roof. Rebuilt nicely.

EastlNewOld.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived