Alabama Building

GRDadof3

Anyone ever been through the "Alabama Building" on Alabama off of Bridge? I believe it has some artist space in it. It's for sale for a cool $2.4 Mil., + you get the parking lot across the street. At 48,000 square feet and 1.25 acres, it's not bad.

354727.JPG

You could put something like this up across the street :P

1_Willow_Court.jpg

http://public.carwm.com/public/carpagerpt....LS=354727&C=&B=

BTW: I'm not the seller or realtor ;)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With parking ;) Plus, with it being a warehouse, I'll bet the interior spaces are fantastic (and maybe not as much demo to do?)

The only downside to putting living space in would be its location next to train tracks. Not sure if that line is still in use, but having a freight train come through in the middle of the night with horn blaring would tend to tick some people off. :D

The only downside to putting living space in would be its location next to train tracks. Not sure if that line is still in use, but having a freight train come through in the middle of the night with horn blaring would tend to tick some people off. :D

Haha.. I looked at the building as a possible investment when I win the lotto... :rofl:

As far as the train, it is still in use, and it also goes right in front of Amercian Seating Park/Clark Place, and while annoying at first, you get used to it. It's urban living at it's finest :D

It's still in use. It was the same way at American Seating though, you just get used to it. I never lived there so when I spent the night there (a lot of people I know did live there) it was REALLY annoying. Most of the residents seemed not to notice after a while.

edit: PBJ, I swear you weren't even in this topic when I clicked Reply. <_<

It's still in use. It was the same way at American Seating though, you just get used to it. I never lived there so when I spent the night there (a lot of people I know did live there) it was REALLY annoying. Most of the residents seemed not to notice after a while.

edit: PBJ, I swear you weren't even in this topic when I clicked Reply. <_<

sneaky sneaky sir... :ph34r:

As for it still being in use, and price, looking at the CAR listing it looks like it's got a lot of "improvements" needed for heavy industrial (as far as power, fiber optics etc.) so that could be why the high price tag. And it's in an "upcomming area".

That's a nice property. Too bad it's so expensive now. I should have bought it last Summer when I first thought about it :rofl: You could do in-fill on the parking lot fronting on Alabama, and slide a small parking structure for the whole thing in the back along the train tracks. I didn't realize the current building was so big and L shaped.

Annnddd, you could put in a small park with a patio right in behind that old house on 1st (upper right part of the aerial). I'll bet you can see downtown from the roof :whistling:

That's a nice property. Too bad it's so expensive now. I should have bought it last Summer when I first thought about it :rofl: You could do in-fill on the parking lot fronting on Alabama, and slide a small parking structure for the whole thing in the back along the train tracks. I didn't realize the current building was so big and L shaped.

Annnddd, you could put in a small park with a patio right in behind that old house on 1st (upper right part of the aerial). I'll bet you can see downtown from the roof :whistling:

Ooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrr you could buy the lot next to Red Lion that somebody decided to fence off as opposed to letting people actually PARK in it.

Reminds me of an old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn.. I'm sure it was due to people parking there and going to Monte's/O'tooles

Archived