Carolina Hurricanes

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually ticket sales and revenue are up from the 2002-2003 and the 2003-2004 season. There have been 4-5 sell-outs and weekend games have sold pretty well. Weeknights do need to pick up though. I don't see them leaving anytime soon and if they did, the move would most likely be to Canada.

Yes ticket sales are up. I hope that they don't ever raise the prices until they win the cup. This hurt them the year after they went to the finals. They ended up having their worst season ever and couldn't recover the next season.

I hope the Canes never leave town, it is very true that a mark of a big city is that they have a pro sports team. i support them when i can and i always watch the games on TV. However, I must turn my attention to ACC basketball.

Yes ticket sales are up. I hope that they don't ever raise the prices until they win the cup. This hurt them the year after they went to the finals. They ended up having their worst season ever and couldn't recover the next season.

I hope the Canes never leave town, it is very true that a mark of a big city is that they have a pro sports team. i support them when i can and i always watch the games on TV. However, I must turn my attention to ACC basketball.

The best thing about it (ACC basketball and Hockey) you can do both !!

i have been to 2 games this year (tried to go to 3). i think the problem with attendance is the ticket prices. being a college student, you can get $5 off upper level and $20 bucks off lower level - but the cheapest lower level is still $65 - thats why it always looks so empty on TV.

they have no problem selling the upper level, and it is usually full (the time i tried to go and didnt get in, upper level sold out - i love the canes, but not 65 dollars worth - maybe for the playoffs or playons, anybody remember '02 ?!!!!)

maybe they should have 1 section in the lower level in the corner or end that would be a student section, they could have $10-15 tickets and we would stand up the whole game, wear red, and make some noise! (maybe wishful thinking)

i have been to 2 games this year (tried to go to 3). i think the problem with attendance is the ticket prices. being a college student, you can get $5 off upper level and $20 bucks off lower level - but the cheapest lower level is still $65 - thats why it always looks so empty on TV.

they have no problem selling the upper level, and it is usually full (the time i tried to go and didnt get in, upper level sold out - i love the canes, but not 65 dollars worth - maybe for the playoffs or playons, anybody remember '02 ?!!!!)

maybe they should have 1 section in the lower level in the corner or end that would be a student section, they could have $10-15 tickets and we would stand up the whole game, wear red, and make some noise! (maybe wishful thinking)

The seats that are center ice are full 42 game, all home games season tickets usually bought with corporate money or die-hard fans............ or you can buy what is left as single season tickets but start $85. Section 106 and the other outer section of the center ice section can be bought as 24 game plans and are the $65 tickets. Since they lost a lot of the corporate sales after the bad season and lockout, those seats can be empty or sparse, especially when the 24 game plan is not in play or some western conference bottom feeder comes to town.

But you are correct, I look up and the upper bowl is full or close to full and that is where I sit when I buy a ticket as a walk-up when the game is not covered under the 24 game plan. I had 42 game plans for 2 years and loved it and would do it again, but the people I go with have children now so they don't go as much.

Yes, tickets are expensive, but Canes tickets are the cheapest in the NHL, believe it or not.

The cost of Pro Sports I guess.....

very interesting idea... I like it. Don't know how practical/likely but I like the creativity.

The 'canes are great for Raleigh and I am definitely a "Caniac." I attend probably 10-12 games a year and hardly ever miss a game on tv. When I go to games though, it's usually via either my uncle or a friend who both have season tix--so I don't have to pay for a seat. Cost is a definite issue for most people, as it is for me. (I'd say I purchase my own tix 2-4 times a year + playoffs.)

Another thought, though again I'm not sure how practical: why not take a cue from golf greens fees and charge a little less (even if only on certain sections of seats) during weekday games? And/or implement a program where the large sections of corporate tix can be made available if they won't be used on a given night? The gaping holes in the lower level during some weekday games are a bit of drag (though the vocal diehards do their part to make up for it), it'd be nice if they could find a way to fill those seats.

'course, if the 'canes keep winning, it might not continue to be a problem :)

The day that they announced they were coming down from Hartford, I went out and bought NHL'95 for the PC and played the thing all Summer long. I really love the game and it has supplanted football to being #2 in my heart.

I'm not crazy about the lazy "it's expensive" excuse. Most of these people like to compare the Canes prices to college football and hockey. There are cheap, $10 tickets available this season and the view from behind the goal is my favorite, anyway. Tickets for UNC, NCSU, and Duke basketball and football games range from, like, $25-$40 a piece. If you are not a heavy donor, you really can't get great seats, anyway. So it really is a similar cost structure. If you ARE a heavy donor (enough to get a good seat), you are paying WAY more than the $50-$75 range the 'Canes are charging. Quality live entertainment has never been, and will never be, cheap.

This is priceless. It was 2002 and I was on buisness in London and had to take go home a little early. So I got a ticket to leave out of Stanstead nonstop to Raleigh and low and behold I had my Canes jersey on. Well I had not been following the games since it is impossible to catch American sports over there. Well when I got to the counter I was questioned for about 20 minutes from the british ticket agent about the Canes. She said everyone who gets on this flight is so giddy about that team and she said I wish I could go. Once I got to Raleigh everyone was talking about the team and I got chill bumps. I am so proud of Raleigh and the Canes. Plus it gives me more ammo to throw around these so called sport crazy states and cities.

At least theres no curtain hiding anything inside the RBC arena so the canes are doing fine in general. The record they are currently holding as well as their foundation becoming stronger and stronger, i can see the home games during the season eventually becoming sellouts making Raleigh, hockeytown south. They wont be leaving the Triangle for a long long time :shades:

Does anybody remember going to the Greensboro Colloseum for cane games?

What a game is right! Glad we could hang on for the W against the hated Red Wings. The crowd was rockin' and it was definitely exhilarating to be in the building last night.

Though I was on the other side of the ice, my jaw literally dropped in amazement at Cole's falling down, wrap-around, highlight reel goal. Unbelievable.

GO CANES

Actually I thought I was going to lose it when Detroit got the PP with 1:47 left leavinga 6 on 4. Gerber is friggin amazing.

The last 1:47 seemed to all be down at the end of the ice where I sit. I thought several times the puck went in and then I would see it shoot out. I was ready to go to overtime but so glad Gerber "was standing on his head." Gotta love the national game in US and America. I went and watch some it again at 12:00 on OLN and showed several shot of DT Raleigh. Paying for it today.

Great crowd Yes, alot of Wing Nuts but many of them pull from the Canes in any other game. I just hope all the bars are playing the games.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, the canes are awesome this year!!! its getting hard for me to get tickets now too - good sign of interest i guess. was anyone at Ron Francis Night last night? i unfortunately couldnt go, but everything i read about it talks about the "standing room only crowd", which is great for Ron Francis and the Canes. excitement like this is only going to increase as the playoffs near.

Archived