Carolina Hurricanes

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not over yet. We still have Buffalo most likely if we win this series. It would be nice to have the Tech Cup between the Triangle and San Jose though.

San Jose is who I want it to be between. I grew up in Raleigh and lived in the Bay Area for 15 years

If Carolina wins Rnd 2 and can get by Rnd 3 (Looks like Buffalo), I think they may be playing Anaheim. THe Ducks are fast, have the best defensive player and match up to the Hurricanes. (We beat them this year). I could be wrong. That is the battle of the small markets. Bettman's new NHL was suppose to make small market teams sustainable, but not take the limelight. A NYC media moguls worst nightmare. Gotta love it. This will bring a huge spotlight on Raleigh/Triangle.

It will definitely put a notch in the BedPost for bringing the All-Star game to the RBC especially with 4 or 5 four-star hotels in the works, new convention center to hold all the activities and a new airport to greet people. I say it should happen in 2010. Imagine all that is planned in DT Raleigh and elsewhere and people from all over the world coming here to party, sponsor and go to a game. Maybe they would get off the NASCAR/College Hoops/BBQ talking points about Hurricanes fans/city.

Anyway, I should not get ahead. Canes have to win one more to get past the Devils.

Remember the Finals were in Raleigh in 2002. To have it back in just 3 years is amazing for little Raleigh NC I don't like the OLN announcer, Dave Johnson who played for the NY Islanders b/c he is so bias and want the Devils to win so badly, never says good things about the Canes until last game when we won and he is starting to see we are just the better team.

so i'm a huge canes fan, but is it bad that i kinda want them to lose game 4 in new jersey cause i have game 5 tickets for sunday?

i also think it would be good for us to not have the pressure of a 8 game win streak on us going into the next series (we all saw how it worked for the devils). and getting too cocky after coming off a huge sweep would put us in the same mindset going into game 1 against the canadiens, that we are better and are gonna win easy. we need that chip on our shoulder

anyway, i would just like to see my canes finish off the devils in person!

Buffalo is going to be a tough team to beat. They are whooping the sens. Definitely going to be a good series.

This is probably whats in the mind of a Buffalo fan "Carolina is going to be a tough team to beat. They are whooping the Devils. Definately going to be a good series"

BTW, the lights didn't "go off" as WTVD is reporting. The lights actually stayed on the shrouds for the lights went into "cover" mode. Somebody upstairs messed up!

Shots on goal tally after the first intermission: 26-7. Total domination.

Fun game. Buffalo is good and this series ought to be a long one. This is FUN!!!!

If Carolina wins Rnd 2 and can get by Rnd 3 (Looks like Buffalo), I think they may be playing Anaheim. THe Ducks are fast, have the best defensive player and match up to the Hurricanes. (We beat them this year). I could be wrong. That is the battle of the small markets.

I'm not sure I'd call Anaheim a 'small' market.

Anyway, not looking ahead just yet, I'm lovin' the conference matchup. As a lifelong Sabres fan, and current Raleigh resident, either way this series turns out is going to be a good thing.

For those already looking past Buffalo, you'd best look again. Buffalo is WAY faster than Carolina and if they keep calling the playoffs like they do the regular season, look out, because their powerplay is also better. Reality check: you have to win the conference to get into the Cup finals.

you got that right ...a market of 17 million people

That must include LA. I am talking about the Orange County market with Anaheim around 330K people. Plus the Hockey market is even smaller as their following is, for the most part, smaller than Carolina's and they have made a SCP run after 2002. Yea, LA is nearby, but there are differences between LA and Orange county, especially when talking hockey. Besides, LA has its own team.

That must include LA. I am talking about the Orange County market with Anaheim around 330K people. Plus the Hockey market is even smaller as their following is, for the most part, smaller than Carolina's and they have made a SCP run after 2002. Yea, LA is nearby, but there are differences between LA and Orange county, especially when talking hockey. Besides, LA has its own team.

Actually, Anaheim has 330k, but Orange County tops out at around 3 million.

Living in California for 15 years including L.A. tells me you are wrong about your statement.Do you actually think that Anaheim's following stops at their city limits??? Or that L.A's stops at theirs city limits. If you are talking city for city then they are equal but we are talking a shared market twice as populated as the entire state of N.C. And last I heard the Los Angeles Dodgers were still located in Anaheim. I am the biggest Canes fan you will ever meet but I seriously doubt the Canes have a bigger following. I will not believe this till you show me some numbers.

I have no doubt that Anaheim has a larger fan base.

However, Carolina DID have better attendance this year...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2006

We also had better attendance than Islanders, Captials, Devils, Blackhawks, all in huge cities.

Thank you for those Numbers Transplant...Montreal must have a huge facility compared to most

I have no doubt that Anaheim has a larger fan base.

However, Carolina DID have better attendance this year...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2006

We also had better attendance than Islanders, Captials, Devils, Blackhawks, all in huge cities.

Not to mention that Anaheim in Rnd 2 of the playoffs had up to 3K seats not sold in some games. Carolina had some empty but around 150 seat with some games soldout. (They claim a sellout if under 200 seats or near that).

Not to mention that Anaheim in Rnd 2 of the playoffs had up to 3K seats not sold in some games. Carolina had some empty but around 150 seat with some games soldout. (They claim a sellout if under 200 seats or near that).

Speaking of not selling out... I already had tickets to today's game, but figured I'd check to see if there were any available for other games in the series. I was able to walk up to the box office and easily get tickets to games 2 and 7. Most of the people in line at the ticket window were Sabres fans getting seats for game 2.

Archived