Carolina Hurricanes

wow, the canes are awesome this year!!! its getting hard for me to get tickets now too - good sign of interest i guess. was anyone at Ron Francis Night last night? i unfortunately couldnt go, but everything i read about it talks about the "standing room only crowd", which is great for Ron Francis and the Canes. excitement like this is only going to increase as the playoffs near.

It was a phenominal night. We got there at 5:15 and ate in the restaurant. Hey! Who's that little guy eating with the intimidating bald man? Oh that's Bettman. We walked right down to our seats to an incredible, and I mean INCREDIBLE atmosphere. Not a dry eye in the place to go with the "RON-nie FRAN-cis" cheers. It was so loud for so long that the first 5 min of the game were actually pin-dropping quiet. People were worn out.

Special video snippets from the game's greats appeared on the jumbotron all night. This team answered the bell, too, by taking ATL to the woodshed AGAIN. This is a LOT of fun!!! That ought to be the new slogan.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this may be a Stanley Cup team-even missing the equivalent of 1 line (Cullen, Stillman, Vasicek) and defensemen (Commodore, Ward, and Tverdovsky) they are still destroying teams. Everyone except Vasicek should be back after the Olympic break and he should be ready to go by the playoffs.

wow, the canes are awesome this year!!! its getting hard for me to get tickets now too - good sign of interest i guess. was anyone at Ron Francis Night last night? i unfortunately couldnt go, but everything i read about it talks about the "standing room only crowd", which is great for Ron Francis and the Canes. excitement like this is only going to increase as the playoffs near.

Yep, I was there. Good night for Raleigh and the Canes. Not as big as Messier or Mario but still good.

They were selling standing room only tickets at $85. Good night for the org as they got back some older fans that may not have budgeted for this season (also did not know what the season was like). Some old faces in the crowd too (Dumb and Dumber, mask boy and Canes Grrrl (she still goes to most of the games but have not seen the other old regulars).

The org had a lot for sale (pucks, specials, etc) so i am sure they had a good night. Great game. The Canes org did it right without going over the top. They are good at keeping it at the right fevor.

Only negative thing I thought was when they introduced Peter Karmonos, some people booed. Or should I say, some idiots booed. That was about as classless as I had seen. (next to the guy behind me who started yelling NC STATE !! NC STATE ! during the ceromony. And the guy beside him starting yelling UNC !!. )

But overall, a great night !!!

In the words of Doug Weight:

"I believe I now have as good a chance as any to win a Stanley Cup and there was no way I was going to pass this up."

Wow! Pinch me. Players WANT to play here. I know, I know, he comes from a team that is 10 points in the NHL cellar, but still!

That's great. He's a great player with lot's of experience. I'm just wondering though, we are pretty stacked at Center already (granted Zigomanis is gone and Cullen is down for a few weeks). Wonder if there are more moves in the pipeline (kind of hope not--why mess with success) or if they'll just shuffle players around a bit? i.e. K Adams to wing.

I am not going to jinx and make any predictions but the Canes may have made one of the best moves to get to the Stanley Cup by signing Weight. He's are hard worker and will bust his butt to win the Cup. I also heard Vasicek is skating again and may be back before the Olympic break.

This is really getting weird. They've won 14 of their last 15! It also seems that their ascent to the top of the NHL has made them even more dominant. They've won their last 5 games by a combined score of 28-10. That's almost 6 goals a game, folks. Chuck Kaiton whimsically said last night,"We might have trouble finding room on this roster for Doug Weight!" :rofl:

Does anyone know of a good Canes message board? I went to a couple (one at aol, one at yahoo) and it seemed like a bunch of 7th graders mudslinging.

I watched the game last night (3rd period was split between SofU and game) on Quebec/French TV on the Center Ice Package. The canes were down to 4 defensemen and still won 8-2 against a team that is 9th or so in the Eastern Conference Standings. They looked awesome, even without their new"Weighted" rental player. Watch them pick up a good defenseman from some bottom-feeding team who is ready to unload their unrestricted free agents. Just not sure who we will give up, but sometimes you can pick up a good player for a draft pick if he is a UFA and on a non-playoff team.

If anyone is not watching the Canes, you are missing out BIGTIME !!! Things could change, but get your tickets now and get ready for the playoffs................This could be the year. And talk about notice from around the world for your city !!!! You can not buy that kind of press !!!!

Bring the Cup to Raleigh !!! :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is a link to the Hurricanes playoff prices for the first two rounds in pdf format if bought in strips (all possible games for each round). I assume the single tickets (if available)would be the same. Subsequent rounds would be higher. I think they will be tough tickets to get this year. All the subway strech packs are sold out giving these people priorty over the general public. A $100 nonrefundable deposit toward a season ticket next year (I don't think it has to be a full season ticket) will get you in line behind the subway pack purchasers but in front of the general public.

Seats in the upper deck go for between $20 and $35 for the first round, and $25 to $40 for the second round.

Lower level from $52 to $125, first round. $57 to $130, second round

Playoff strip prices

I watched the game last night (3rd period was split between SofU and game) on Quebec/French TV on the Center Ice Package. The canes were down to 4 defensemen and still won 8-2 against a team that is 9th or so in the Eastern Conference Standings. They looked awesome, even without their new"Weighted" rental player. Watch them pick up a good defenseman from some bottom-feeding team who is ready to unload their unrestricted free agents. Just not sure who we will give up, but sometimes you can pick up a good player for a draft pick if he is a UFA and on a non-playoff team.

If anyone is not watching the Canes, you are missing out BIGTIME !!! Things could change, but get your tickets now and get ready for the playoffs................This could be the year. And talk about notice from around the world for your city !!!! You can not buy that kind of press !!!!

Bring the Cup to Raleigh !!! :yahoo:

I think this WILL be their year.

Thats why they picked up Weight in case of something like that. I don't think it will affect the team all that much and he will most likely be back by the playoffs. They were without Stillman, Cullen, and Vasicek for a month and still were winning. The schedule looks relatively easy until the playoffs as well.

Archived