Carolina Hurricanes

It has to be killing Charlotteans that Raliegh's about to become the first NC city to bring home a professional sports championship. ;)

Not really. It's not like Charlotte is rooting against the 'Canes. We're excited, too. I think Charlotte is divided about the whole matter, though -- half of the people are rooting for the 'Canes just as much as you are, and the other half just don't care. Despite the hostility that I've read in this thread, I haven't witnessed the angst in real life. You've got a lot of Charlotteans backing you up...and how could we complain about a pro championship coming to NC? Whether it's for a team based in Raleigh or a team based in Charlotte, I think it's awesome. Go 'Canes!

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be in section 330. I'm thinking about putting some cheer sheets together so that section can really blow the roof off. After this coverage by NBC in games 3 and 4, I'd really love for this to be loud and clear coming through their shamefully biased broadcast:

"NBCeeeee NBCeeeeee NBCeeeeee YOU S*CK!!!" I just go back to Ron Francis night and recall section 327 really led the building in energy.

Of course we have to get the: "ER-ik CO-ole - clap, clap, clap-clap-clap Erik Cole...."

Also U-S-A, U-S-A

Any other ideas?

I put a blurb on Raleighing about what an incredibly inept job our city leaders are doing of preparing for Wednesday night. Any thoughts?

I have no idea where people will go, but it's going to be somewhere near DT... Fay St, Hillsborough St, Glenwood Ave, etc. I know this is just Raleigh, but I'm a little worried things could get out of hand if we are not prepared, and I see no evidence that there is a plan.

Hillsborough Street isn't that far from RBC...I could see ecstatic Canes fans going wild down there and maybe marching down to Glenwood. Glenwood Avenue is a great place to keep the crowds in one area, if the city would actually plan ahead. First things first, though. If we win the Stanley Cup, I don't much care where the celebrations break out!! :thumbsup:

This was posted on Raleighing by a guy calling himself "Zamboni"

The plan is to have a family celebration and parade from the Fairgrounds to the RBC Center. A more adult evening event will be held later at Glenwood South.

The city does not want a celebration downtown because of all of the construction. There are liability issues and they are worried that they could not handle 40,000 people.

This was posted on Raleighing by a guy calling himself "Zamboni"

The plan is to have a family celebration and parade from the Fairgrounds to the RBC Center. A more adult evening event will be held later at Glenwood South.

The city does not want a celebration downtown because of all of the construction. There are liability issues and they are worried that they could not handle 40,000 people.

The adult part would include the usual broken glass, spray paint, overturned cars...from Edmonton of course...and the occational fire here and there. A celebration DT would be great if if the old Civic Center still needed dismanteling. Just add gas and a match and have the biggest bonfire Raleigh has ever seen. :ph34r::shades:

I will be there sitting in my regular seats. I hope the Canes can close the deal. I think a lot of people will be fairly spent after the game if they go.....Or if they watch in the bars, I hope they rock Glenwood South. I will probably head down there later.

I have a cheer. This is during a break when Pierre McQuire is talking between the benches

Go Home Pierre !! Go HOME Pierre !! Go HOME Pierre !!

i know after we win i'm gonna start running in the streets yelling and not stop until i am surrounded by other canes fans doin the same thing!!!

i like the cheer of chanting their goalie's name and pointing at him after he messes up.

and definently caaaammm waaarrrrrdddd (clap clap clap clap clap) after a huge save.

go canes!

Thought I would throw my support in this topic....

GO CANES!!!!!

:yahoo::w00t::yahoo:

Very awesome to see the Triangle get this kind of exposure. Make us proud tonight guys! Let's see us control the pace and get lots of shots on goal.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It seems like the parades you have when you are in kindergarten. Even the most fervent North Raleighites want something downtown but the great State of NC nixed that as it may actually generate some noise downtown and interfere with their most important work.

I agree. What is wrong with a parade down Hillsborough Street right up to the capitol?? The route would go right by Glenwood South/Warehouse/Power District. It has all the makings of a great parade route. I could even get a burger at Char-Grill while I watch the festivities! :)

And what is the deal with having trouble getting Gov. Easley involved??

This is an outrage. Raleigh officials think so small and backward. A real city, a real METROPOLITAN city has ticker tate parades when it wins a championship. A real city shuts down to celebrate its sports victories and relishes in seeing its sports heroes riding on cars with the city skyline in the background. The governor needs to cancel whatever "scheduling conflict" he allegedly has and get his butt down there and celebrate with the fans.

I live in DC and would come down there if Raleigh celebrates properly downtown or Hillsborough Street. I can't imagine DC or even Charlotte not having a huge celebration and parade downtown under similar circumstances. Charlotte would bathe its skyscrapers in the team colors and have banners all over the city posts everywhere. Act like a real big city for once Raleigh!

I called the mayor's office and let them have it. I hope others do the same.

I like Meeker but this is where he is so meek. If this were the Tarheels, Easley would be make time in his schedule.

Who cares about Easley anyway. The Canes should make their plans and if Easley can not attend or change his schedule, then so be it. He will have to read about it in the Newspaper.

I really don't see why the State of North Carolina cannot keep us from having a parade and gathering on Hillsborough St. and not affect the capitol proper. But heck, I'd take a gathering in the warehouse district over anything the people we've elected have said. This all boils down to the fact that nobody on the City Council, the Mayor, the Police Chief, or the Governor care about this team.

The city of Raleigh would have been better off if they went ahead and encouraged a celebratory gathering place downtown if the Canes are to pull it off tonight. It would have hopefully contained the partying to a primary location. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if we see festivites popping up everywhere. The law enforcement may have a difficult time if it is so spread out, especially given all of the weather problems in the area today.

They should have hyped up downtown as the place to meet-up after the victory.

Archived