Favorable Press from the New York Times

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I'd never see it, but this article is mainly positive:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/04/nyregion...?pagewanted=all

Yes, I read this and was pretty happy with it as well. It's good to see that our renaissance is getting some press in NYC. Especially since New England's Rising Star gets absolutely no positive press in New England outside of CT and some Springfield Newspaper Coverage.

BRAVO BRAVO!

Aside from the cold, hard, disgruntiling facts listed in one paragraph, it paints a pretty picture.

"But among city boosters, the chorus is 'retail follows rooftops.' "

I like this ideology alot.

Also, from the mayor-

"I'm not looking at just trying to get yuppies to come downtown."

Thats just great- down to earth.

"I may have to hire her." Screw Michael Kintner, hire me. Or hire any one of 20 people around here that hammer and wail about the city on a daily basis.

This is a great article though. The momentum downtown is really awe-inspiring. Martin Kenney bugs me too though. When he first proposed Trumbull on the Park, he said some real disparaging things about the former plan for that site, the Cutter Building. Something along the lines of "big buildings are men's phallic dreams" or something stupid like that. Yeah, keep building 8 story buildings in a downtown with a limited footprint...

Great article. They seem to have covered most of the topics of everyday rantings, including the Whale. Hartford needs to get some competition for Northland though. It would be healthy to get a few more big name developers in the mix.

Great article. They seem to have covered most of the topics of everyday rantings, including the Whale. Hartford needs to get some competition for Northland though. It would be healthy to get a few more big name developers in the mix.

I would say that besides Northland, the other high profile players are:

College Street, LLC who is rapidly building their own Hartford Portfolio with 55 on the Park, The American Airlines Bldg, and The Metropolitan.

and

The Waterford Group, who manages the CCC, The Marriott, and the Hilton.

Archived