Stadium District

hood

I was most interested that the city has finally decided to create a district on this side of the river. I'd been advocating that for years as the area is a distinct neighborhood, though "Stadium District" sounds kind of cheesy. I'd always thought of it as the Near Eastside or Warehouse District. I do hope the city wins the Cool Cities grant to actually do something with this designation.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was at the Lansing Center a week and a half ago and noticed all the stuff going on at the Stadium District. I met with the developer (representative) while at the conference, but have yet to look over the material that he gave me. I told them that I'm glad they're doing this and that I'm sure they will have great success!

I know I'm impressed with the product that they are offering. :)

I'm surprised, looking back through the post, that the most recent rendering hadn't been posted:

1359101_Rendering_09.07.06_copy.jpg

Now, if we can get the Abrams Landing (4-stories), located diagonally across from the Stadium District, and the RiverNorth Loftominiums (4 stories) on part of the Old Town surface lot going, perhaps we'll see bigger things.

• 4 months later...

No; this is being built on the southside of Michigan Avenue, so all traffic would be traveling eastbound right in front of the building, as pictured.

Yes, the references to the Ellington was to the one recently completed in Detroit.

I really like the new design change, too. I just wish we have about 10 of these type of infills going on.

I'm surprised, looking back through the post, that the most recent rendering hadn't been posted:

1359101_Rendering_09.07.06_copy.jpg

Now, if we can get the Abrams Landing (4-stories), located diagonally across from the Stadium District, and the RiverNorth Loftominiums (4 stories) on part of the Old Town surface lot going, perhaps we'll see bigger things.

LanCity, that particular project is dead, but there are other developers looking to develop something else at the site. That information is outdated, now.

Statedude, I think that is more than decorative. I know, for sure, that the central part of the roof (which is elevated) will be a rooftop garden/observation area for residents of the building, and it looks, now, that the rest of the roof may be, as well. I check with the developer.

• 3 months later...

Man o' man. I bee-bopped through downtown Lansing on my way to Grand Rapids last week and purposely passed this development, and I have to express my excitement. The smallest bit of infill makes a world of difference in this area. It's done right and compliments the functionality of the opposite side of Michigan (the little entertainment district). My hopes are that this kind of progress will continue making the Michigan Corridor (w/ E. Lansing included) unachievable by all other areas in the Metro. Light rail in the future? If anyone can do it, it's CATA teaming w/ Lansing leadership!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived