Stadium District

hood

Gillespie would be screwing himself by waiting on this project, He could not afford to lose an entire construction season for what appears to be no real reason. I don't beleive kissenger said he was directly invloved in the project or that he has had direct contact with Gillespie, I think he has third hand knowlwdge and/or speculation (correct me if I'm wrong).

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gillespie would be screwing himself by waiting on this project, He could not afford to lose an entire construction season for what appears to be no real reason. I don't beleive kissenger said he was directly invloved in the project or that he has had direct contact with Gillespie, I think he has third hand knowlwdge and/or speculation (correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't believe that there is any intentional delay or waffling here, there is a process they are following and due dilligence that is being shored up. I don't know when they're going to start but I'm fairly confident that it'll be relatively soon. Besides, "construction season"????? I'm pretty sure they'll be out there in the dead of winter if need be.

I'd much rather the gillespie group get all of their details finalized and designs double and triple checked, and with all this demand maybe he's had to re-evaluate the scope of the project than just start construction for the sake of starting construction... as far as i know they don't even own the land yet... patience is a virtue

I don't believe that there is any intentional delay or waffling here, there is a process they are following and due dilligence that is being shored up. I don't know when they're going to start but I'm fairly confident that it'll be relatively soon. Besides, "construction season"????? I'm pretty sure they'll be out there in the dead of winter if need be.

I'd much rather the gillespie group get all of their details finalized and designs double and triple checked, and with all this demand maybe he's had to re-evaluate the scope of the project than just start construction for the sake of starting construction... as far as i know they don't even own the land yet... patience is a virtue

Wow. It was thought that the project would start the first of March. I was just simply stating that it will not happen as quickly as one may hope. Final designs are still in the works. I wouldn't be surprised to even see another bid date come out on it for revisions made. You see elevations and plans but that doesn't mean that specific products involved with construction have been determined yet. I do not pretend to know more than Gillespie about the project.

I'm still wondering what that equipment is doing sitting in that lot. One of those excavators look REALLY heavy duty, its arm is looks like it's nearly 3 ft across, something that would be used in some heavy demolition of some type. I just hope that this does get started up as soon as possible.

I'm still wondering what that equipment is doing sitting in that lot. One of those excavators look REALLY heavy duty, its arm is looks like it's nearly 3 ft across, something that would be used in some heavy demolition of some type. I just hope that this does get started up as soon as possible.

I think thats CSO equipment

Hey, I got a reply back from Mr. Gillespie, who just haven't had the time to post to him...

Mr. Gillespie says that nearly every aspect of this project is on schedule except a part of the design. Mr. Gillespie wants balconies/patios/deck/overhands on the design, but MDOT is moving to prevent him from doing this.

I sent an email asking them exactly what MDOT has to do with this project, because I don't understand how they'd have any jurisdiction or say over this.

I think MDOT has authority over Michigan Ave. at least that portion of it. I know they have authority over the Capitol Loop, I couldn't imagine why they wouldn't want balconies overhanging the street/sidewalk though, thats something I was really hoping to see.

That's what it is. It's the Capitol Loop.

The only reason I can even begin to fathom them not wanting balconies is that it may prevent problems with falling ice or other structures for which they may be liable.

Actually, that really doesn't make much sense, but it's all I can think up at the moment.

• 1 month later...

He wants to attract those tenants, as far as I know he has not signed any leases, CBRE still shows the full 36,500 sq. ft. of avalible space.

The tenants he's probably got lined up are likely being signed on contingency's... and just becaus a website hasn't been updated don't think that nothings happening.

• 2 months later...

I just began rendering the buildings in downtown in SketchUp, for the stadium district I decided to use the photo-texture, so I could make some crude 3-D renderings. They may not look the best, but you can get a pretty good prespective of what it will look like. I'm probably going to do Abrams Landing toworrow.

Stadiumdistrict3d2.jpg

Stadiumdistrict3d.jpg

Archived