Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krazeeboi

Rock Hill to get new housing downtown

Here's the complete story from the Rock Hill Herald. That's good news; I don't think I've seen any construction go on downtown since I've been here. And the developers really want to make these units as urban as possible.

I don't EVER remember seeing new housing in downtown - from 1970's through the 80's. And it is really cool the homes are mixed income, very progressive development for Rock Hill or most any southern town.

Great news, although I would prefer to see something that wasn't income-restricted. That can stigmitize the project and DT housing in general. Please post future pics and renderings that come out krazee or anyone else.

That is good news for Rock Hill. I think that if a commuter rail line to Charlotte could be established that urban housing in downtown RH woudl take off.

Well, the city certainly has ambitious plans for urban housing, particularly along the textile corridor, which connects downtown with Winthrop's campus. The redevelopment of those mills would be an awesome thing, and to have light rail come through there would be great for the city.