• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmellyCat

Cans Bar & Canteen

11 posts in this topic

Work is progressing nicely on Cans, which will be located in the Charlotte Cotton Mills facility. Although a January opening was originally targeted, I've been told a late Feb/early March opening is expected now.

This will be a welcome addition to an area that could greatly use more pedestrian activity...it's a bit of a dead zone, lying between Center City and Gateway Village. All the surface lots around there and a dormant Polk building have a lot to do with that.

I'm thinking this place will be less expensive so it should draw in a lot of J&W students looking for a place to hang out.

I'm thinking this place will be less expensive so it should draw in a lot of J&W students looking for a place to hang out.

App, don't think you'll enjoy going there. They're big on 80s music. :whistling:

App, don't think you'll enjoy going there. They're big on 80s music. :whistling:

Yep, here's how their website describes it:

Cans Bar and Canteen offers "old school fun." True to its namesake, Cans offers 34 canned beers in addition to its premium liquor, wine and bottle beer selections.

Old school fun means video games like Head to head Tetris and Ms. Pac Man, shooting pool, and a juke box featuring everything from Abba to ZZ Top. We've got classic movies like Breakfast Club and Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and always the best sports on 12 screens.

I found this pretty cool...the handles on the front doors are beer cans replicas (in ceramic, not aluminum).

One of the construction workers told me they were opening next Wednesday, March 22.

One of the construction workers told me they were opening next Wednesday, March 22.

Correction..opening this Saturday, the 18th.