72 Grandville - Ice House Renovation

PBJ

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downtown project aims to provide student housing

Am I the only one finding these links? :P

140 students? I guess 40 units at 2 - 4 bedrooms each is about right. Wow, that will be quite the influx to that area. And John's right, you can take the buses from ITP to basically anywhere in Kent County.

BTW: Here is 72 Grandville now. I can't imagine an architect designing features like the Anheuser eagles today on a building.

297426289_c7ab6013ec_b.jpg

full size

Ah, I didn't RTFA.. didn't realize the prices were in there. :blush: I can't remember what people paid when i was at GVSU to live in the 'cool' places (ie: American seating in GR and Hillcrest in Allendale), but you're probably right, I'm sure they're in the ballpark. I'm sure they did their research.

I always lived in cheap places.. a trailer in Allendale (like $350/mo divided by three people) and a house that someones parents inherited in the Mulick park area (like $250/mo each). I guess that's why $600 a month sounds like a lot. I'm sure there's people who will pay it.

oh, duh, you're right. There was a chargefor resident parking when I was there, from 99-04. Commuter parking was free until fall '04.

To get back on-topic, I am very glad to see the student housing going here. To me, GR has failed miserably at capitalizing on all of the students who attend classes around downtown. Hopefully this can get the ball rolling.

we'll do it like the last one-- just a big platter from Blimpie's and a cooler full of pop and a walking t our.

Everyone's invited. Last one was fun, for us it's kinda like a 'focus group' thing; we get great input from the "market" by doing this and it's probably the fastest and cheapest way to get this type of feedback from prospective occupants and people who live and work in this market.

Stay tuned for more...

• 5 weeks later...
we'll do it like the last one-- just a big platter from Blimpie's and a cooler full of pop and a walking t our.

Everyone's invited. Last one was fun, for us it's kinda like a 'focus group' thing; we get great input from the "market" by doing this and it's probably the fastest and cheapest way to get this type of feedback from prospective occupants and people who live and work in this market.

Stay tuned for more...

Archived