72 Grandville - Ice House Renovation

PBJ

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Renovations of the Anheuser IceHouse at 72 Grandville are about to begin. As I've done with other buildings in the past, we're doing a quick "luncheon / tour" for UrbanPlaneteers who are interested in seeing what projects look like pre-renovation. This building is highly original, a time capsule from 100 years ago complete with cork insulation (for keeping beer cold) horse stalls where the Clydesdales lived and plenty of character.

We'll do a follow-up tour in the spring after work is completed.

Date: Friday, January 5

Place: 72 Grandville SW

Time: 12:00 noon

Who? anyone from this forum (read;chris knape please don't post date in the Press- thanks)

We'll provide sandwiches and pop unless the group gets huge.

See you then !

This is Justin and I work with Eric. I would say the tour will take about 30-45 minutes realistically. There is truly much to see regarding this building. It is very rich with detail and there will be an actual history book on site, that Terry Wisner (Present Owner) has compiled over the years . It details letters with Anheuser Busch, photos of past/present and general history of the building itself.

You all will see the building pre-construction on the 5th and the renovation begins January 8th! I have documented every room, by taking a boat load of pictures. Most of my pictures show Terry and his company in full blown production just 2.5 weeks ago! We will be compiling a book on this building, documenting the whole renovation and we will be happy to share this with you all at the end of project!

It is our understanding that this building is the last remaining "Ice House" in the country. I did in fact find one well over a year ago while conducting a Google search. The building is located in Van Buren, AK. I have spoken to the Husband/Wife (owners) about this building in great depth. They spent 1.5 years restoring it to it's original state. We are in the process of exchanging pictures of past and present of our two buildings. Below is a link to the the building in Van Buren, AK. IT is a hobby shop, but you will see 4 magnificent pictures on the site that show tin ceilings, patterned tile flooring, and beautiful exposed brick walls!

http://www.daveswebshop.com/

If you would like to learn more about Anheuser Busch or about the (Ice Houses) contact Anheuser Busch Archives 1.314.577.2000 The normal working hours are form 8-430pm Central Time

WE look forward to all who attend!!

Best,

JHood

Time.PICT0138.jpg

Archived