72 Grandville - Ice House Renovation

PBJ

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

From the original post:

Renovations of the Anheuser IceHouse at 72 Grandville are about to begin. As I've done with other buildings in the past, we're doing a quick "luncheon / tour" for UrbanPlaneteers who are interested in seeing what projects look like pre-renovation. This building is highly original, a time capsule from 100 years ago complete with cork insulation (for keeping beer cold) horse stalls where the Clydesdales lived and plenty of character.

We'll do a follow-up tour in the spring after work is completed.

Date: Friday, January 5

Place: 72 Grandville SW

Time: 12:00 noon

Who? anyone from this forum (read;chris knape please don't post date in the Press- thanks)

We'll provide sandwiches and pop unless the group gets huge.

See you then!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll try to make it. (One)

I wasn't able to go today, so Eric and Justin were gracious enough to show me around yesterday. I did get some other photos. I'll wait to see if anyone else did before I post mine. :thumbsup: That building has some incredible character. As Eric said, it's like walking into a time-capsule.

Archived