Coffee Cupping 1/7

ciordia9

I visit about every other week to Counter Culture Coffee's, coffee cupping. This week my wife and her parents will be in attendance with us and I always like more people to come out and just have a good time.

It's at 10am, runs about 1-1.5h and is very casual. Learn a little about your tastebuds and other senses and get a good caffinee buzz at the same time.

Upcoming Details

http://upcoming.org/event/34904/

Counter Culture Coffee

http://www.counterculturecoffee.com

Flickr Pictures of prior cuppings

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ciordia/tags/cupping/

I have no affiliation other than I really dig their brew, and their "radical transparency" philosophy. It's a nice neutral place to meet online people as well since theres an activity and you can be as social or quiet as you like.

If you can't make it this time, maybe next! Drop me a PM if you're ever heading out that way.

-a

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how did this go?

We had a good time. We got to cup a coffee that only a few hundred people in the states will ever taste. Fun stuff. We had no UP visitors but we did have some new people come in and a few faces of familiarity. All in all about 8 people I think.

I'll be back there on the 20th. Far enough in the future love to meet a few of you all. If thats not feasible maybe we can have a get together at a local pub or what not.

-a

Ciordia9, I was wondering if you've ever been to Tea-Rex in South End. It sounds like what they are doing with tea is what you want to do with coffee. They apparently have just started making coffee, I think they only offer one type right now. Apparently, they have to be extreemly careful with the coffee so that it won't contaminate the tea. I think the coffee has to be stored and made in a seperate room and that they can never use the same glass for both. This place is crazy when it comes to tea but it can be a fun afternoon and the staff will teach you a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

fulcrumsf: I think most of the shots are from the Charlotte facility. I've only been up to their Durham location once. Who do ya know? ;)

appatone: Yea Tea and Coffee are really a hard mix since Tea can absorb aromas sooo very fast it's hard to keep the two in close quarters. I like Tea-Rex and yea they do Tea right afaik. Again I wish we had more Peacful Dragons/Tea-Rex's in the area and real Cafe's that aren't all chains. I think we were hoping for a Ballyantine Village location but a commercial operation has taken the loc.

I'll be out at CCC's charlotte location today and on Feb 3rd. I've got the camera loaded so I'll take some new pics today. Come on down ;-)

-a

His name is JT, he works for Octane Coffee in Atlanta, my sister and her husband own Octane and they get there coffee from Counter Culture.

Ah very nice! I think I've met a few of the Octane crew last year at various CCC or industry invloved (SERBC) things, great guys. I hear nothing but good things about the store though. Doing it up right! hehehe

Archived