The Boardwalk Condominiums

GRDadof3

Sorry, didn't mean to laugh, but that's one of the coolest looking factory exteriors in GR (personally speaking).

94149164_3800b3c39f_b.jpg

94169581_edf43331f2_b.jpg

94169578_d582cfa0eb_b.jpg

And like twoshort said, it's Federally registered as an historic landmark. You can't touch the exterior with a ten foot pole. Balconies would have looked cool though.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's some really good pics of the courtyard on the site. I won't steal and post em here, but you can find the slide show here:

http://www.boardwalkgr.com/photos.htm#

Looks like they're updating the site with more pics of the building too...

So... I went and put in my reservation deposit after work, should get my reservation # sometime in the next day or so..... got some more pricing information too.

There's pictures up on the site (listed above) of the models if anyone is interested.

Not a definate thing yet as I'm looking at a couple other options, but we shall see. Anyone else plunge in yet?

So... I went and put in my reservation deposit after work, should get my reservation # sometime in the next day or so..... got some more pricing information too.

There's pictures up on the site (listed above) of the models if anyone is interested.

Not a definate thing yet as I'm looking at a couple other options, but we shall see. Anyone else plunge in yet?

Party @ PBJ's new pad! Thanks for volunteering! We all appreciate it!

Only if he gets a rooftop deck! :lol: Congratulations on taking the plunge Paul!

Heh.. I'm actually looking at a unit w/the roof access.... Just gotta wait till "Condo Picking Day" arrives to see if it's still available. I was told there's about 130 reservations in right now... Also heard there's a 30-40% drop rate, so hopefully i'll have some good choices.

Aria (sp?) from their sales office called yesterday to tell me they are having an open house at the Boardwalk on Sunday, July 9 from 4-6. I'm at least going to check it out - it looks like it could be a really good deal for people with relatively lower incomes such as myself.

Aria (sp?) from their sales office called yesterday to tell me they are having an open house at the Boardwalk on Sunday, July 9 from 4-6. I'm at least going to check it out - it looks like it could be a really good deal for people with relatively lower incomes such as myself.

It could be..... That being said a LOT of the units are 2 bedrooms and from what I could tell.... the pricing gets from the 69k to 200k+ in a hury.. we'll see...

It could be..... That being said a LOT of the units are 2 bedrooms and from what I could tell.... the pricing gets from the 69k to 200k+ in a hury.. we'll see...

Interesting - if the lower priced ones get snapped up right away it would be out of the question for me. However, it's always fun to look. I am immensely content with my apartment in Heritage Hill so there's no hurry - if ever. Have just been checking out possibilities as it would be nice to build some equity / have something paid for when I'm older.

Good luck with your condo-picking - you must be very excited. It really is a cool building!

It's been interesting to see this building evolve. Back before the building was renovated the first time, my ex-husband had a photography studio on the third floor (northeast corner). There was nothing on the upper floors but artists' studios, and the top space with the skylight always had a bunch of dead birds (poor little budgies!). The courtyards were completely overgrown.

I like what's being done to this property.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone hear anything about the pool here? I heard something yesterday that it was a no-go... My source was hardly what I'd call an "insider", but apparently it's something that's been spreading around current residents...

Anyone hear anything about the pool here? I heard something yesterday that it was a no-go... My source was hardly what I'd call an "insider", but apparently it's something that's been spreading around current residents...
On the tour yesterday, Brad said they were 99.9% sure it was a go.

• 4 weeks later...

Was he trying to sell you one? :P

Anyone with any inside scoopage on this project? They were going to start purchase agreements late July (still says it on the website actually), then I heard early August, and now we're getting towards mid-august with not much said.

Anyways, just curious. Also wondering if we have anyone else here with a reservation down?

Anyone with any inside scoopage on this project? They were going to start purchase agreements late July (still says it on the website actually), then I heard early August, and now we're getting towards mid-august with not much said.

Anyways, just curious. Also wondering if we have anyone else here with a reservation down?

I have my reserve money down (#97), and got a call back in late July that they had to post pone the actual agreement signing and condo picking until "the first week of August" due to the fact that they don't have all of their permits settled yet.

The two permits Rooks said he was waiting on was the pool and the covered parking for the 5th floor of the parking ramp. He said he didn't want people to sign agreements until they knew exactly what they were getting. Maybe if they can't get those permits, the prices will go down some since they have it listed as amenities that possibly won't exist. :dontknow:

I, for one, am glad because I want to make sure that this is the place I want to buy....so having a little time to play with is nice for me.

The one thing I was concerned about is the fact that I currently rent there and my apartment according to the leasing agents back in December was listed as 964 sq. feet. When they first opened up the bids for residents, they had all of the units listed on a board with their sq. footage and mine went up to 1034 sq. feet. Then, after they opened it up to the public, and posted the units on the wall and listed each sq. footage for them, mine went up again to 1139 sq. feet. Not a huge deal, because I plan on choosing another unit than mine, but still when you are paying by the square foot, it seems odd that it has gone up twice.

Not to knock it....it has been a great place to live for the past 8 months and I look forward to purchasing there if I decide it is the right choice for me. :D

The one thing I was concerned about is the fact that I currently rent there and my apartment according to the leasing agents back in December was listed as 964 sq. feet. When they first opened up the bids for residents, they had all of the units listed on a board with their sq. footage and mine went up to 1034 sq. feet. Then, after they opened it up to the public, and posted the units on the wall and listed each sq. footage for them, mine went up again to 1139 sq. feet. Not a huge deal, because I plan on choosing another unit than mine, but still when you are paying by the square foot, it seems odd that it has gone up twice.

Could that be because the condo's include the "Common Areas" in the sq ft measure.

• 2 weeks later...

Could that be because the condo's include the "Common Areas" in the sq ft measure.

From the updated Owner Update Page

2. Pool, jacuzzi, balconies, rooftop decks and roof on 5th level of ramp were all officially approved by Historic Preservation Commission on August 2, 2006.

3. Meetings to convert reservations to binding purchase agreements will begin in August-September. Closings and occupancy will be scheduled soon after.

So it looks as though things have been bumped back, or held off while they waited for the HPC?

Also noticed they've put up virtual tours of the models

So I got a call from "Lisa" at the Boardwalk last night. She says she's calling in response to the "Hummer drawing" which I don't remember entering. She says I didn't win the Hummer but I did win a complementary membership to thier fitness club (didn't know it was a public club) for two people for two years. All I have to pay is $8.00/month/each for the maintanance fees.

Anyone else heard of this give away? Has anyone seen the fitness center? Is it actually big enough to be public? Are they charging the residents?

I just want to make sure this isn't a scam.

So I got a call from "Lisa" at the Boardwalk last night. She says she's calling in response to the "Hummer drawing" which I don't remember entering. She says I didn't win the Hummer but I did win a complementary membership to thier fitness club (didn't know it was a public club) for two people for two years. All I have to pay is $8.00/month/each for the maintanance fees.

Anyone else heard of this give away? Has anyone seen the fitness center? Is it actually big enough to be public? Are they charging the residents?

I own several smaller, ladies fitness centers around town and I would be careful with this gym. The owner of Boardwalk Fitness is also is co-owner in a ladies only center that has called my wife with the same claim of "winning" a membership. Obviously my wife did not sign up to win with a competitor of ours, even if a Hummer could be won. Be careful and read any fine print. On a side note, Boardwalk Fitness is not part of Boardwalk Condos, they just lease space in the building.

I got a call once on a Hummer drawing that i supposedly entered at the mall. I won a gym membership too. I know for a fact i never entered anything because A)I would never ever ever try to win a Hummer and B)I had pnemonia when i supposedly entered this contest.

The owner of Boardwalk Fitness is also is co-owner in a ladies only center that has called my wife with the same claim of "winning" a membership. Obviously my wife did not sign up to win with a competitor of ours, even if a Hummer could be won.

Do they own a ladies gym in Grandville? Because that's where i supposedly won my "free" membership.

We know plenty of people who have taken them up on this offer. :whistling:

Archived