The Boardwalk Condominiums

GRDadof3

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know how the reservation process is going for this? For example, if I wanted a boardwalk condo but couldn't get out of my current house until late winter, would I be out of luck in getting a condo?

thanks

Well, once you pick your unit you have like 14 days to close on it. However, if the unit you choose already has occupants renting, you have to honor the apartment lease and you then get the money from the lease to pay your mortgage. That's how I understood it back when I had my deposit down.

• 2 weeks later...

So, can anyone give me an update on Boardwalk Condos? I've been doing some research on the property and it seems to fit into my price bracket/location, and I toured back in June and it looked really nice.

But, I've read in various places online that it may not be an ideal place.

My concerns: Sound transference between condos is a big concern for me.

Young drunkards hanging out and acting stupid.

Waterworks being closed, will there be a higher-class (read: not college drunkeness inducing) resturant to take its place?

Are these all exagerations? Or should I really be concerned with these issues?

How many of these units are being lived in by the owner, and how many units are being leased?

Thanks for any gossip you have!!

Soleil

My concerns: Sound transference between condos is a big concern for me.

Young drunkards hanging out and acting stupid.

Waterworks being closed, will there be a higher-class (read: not college drunkeness inducing) resturant to take its place?

How many of these units are being lived in by the owner, and how many units are being leased?

Sorry about the "young-drunkards" comment. I recently lived in East Lansing, and well, I've had my share of rowdy undergrad neighbors..... Don't mean to offend any one who is young, or who happens to be drunk! I'm just a young professional who can't deal with people partying hallways.

Thanks for the update.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have any more information on the Boardwalk condos? A friend and I are each looking to purchase a unit. My friend has already signed a purchase agreement and I might be shortly. There is still one week before my friend needs to finalize on the condo and we are shopping around. We are each in our lower to mid 20's and are looking for a nice place downtown. Our price range is roughly $100k to $200k for the condo. We are checking into other options but it would be great to hear from someone who has purchased a unit.

Some concerns of ours:

1) Apparently, these units are selling much slower than expected...why? We talked with someone there and under 10% of the condos have been closed on.

2) Noise was a big problem at the apartments. How much will the soundproofing help? If most of the units are still apartments, how long will we have to put up with worse noise (if our neighbors units don't have soundproofing installed, etc)

3) Are these condo prices negotiable? What about the upgrades?

Thanks and I REALLY appreciate any help. We need some answers quick as we are ready to close. If you can't post these answers here, please private message me.

Thanks!

Anyone have any more information on the Boardwalk condos? A friend and I are each looking to purchase a unit. My friend has already signed a purchase agreement and I might be shortly. There is still one week before my friend needs to finalize on the condo and we are shopping around. We are each in our lower to mid 20's and are looking for a nice place downtown. Our price range is roughly $100k to $200k for the condo. We are checking into other options but it would be great to hear from someone who has purchased a unit.

Some concerns of ours:

1) Apparently, these units are selling much slower than expected...why? We talked with someone there and under 10% of the condos have been closed on.

2) Noise was a big problem at the apartments. How much will the soundproofing help? If most of the units are still apartments, how long will we have to put up with worse noise (if our neighbors units don't have soundproofing installed, etc)

3) Are these condo prices negotiable? What about the upgrades?

Thanks and I REALLY appreciate any help. We need some answers quick as we are ready to close. If you can't post these answers here, please private message me.

Thanks!

I'm worried about the noise of the building too, i read that they are putting 3 layers of drywall to help with the walls and rubber flooring under the actual flooring, but i don't know how much that will help. I'm used to it from living in an apartment, but i don't want a place that i own to be like that.

I work in 820 Monroe, the building right next to the Boardwalk. It's another (cheaply) converted industrial building and the noise here is insane. One layer of old wood serves as the ceiling for one level and the floor for the next. So everyone who walks upstairs can be heard as the floor creaks with each step. I can actually hear entire conversations on other floors, and I can head the guys below us belch everyday! Not only is there noise but if someone spills something upstairs it'll make it down here pretty quickly.

I actually enjoy working in this building, it has character, but there are certain things you have to learn to deal with. I'm sure it's the same living in a condo in one of these old buildings. Though I doubt any of the condos are as bad as this building.

i'm almost positive that Boardwalk won't be that bad, they redid the floors so the spilling doesn't seemt o be a problem, i went on a tour of it and i couldn't hear anyone else in the building, of course it was a sunday afternoon (last sunday though so most people were home because of the weather) but i would have loved to tour it during the Super Bowl to hear everything. The problem is that it sounds like they aren't renovating the apartments with the sound proofing until the tenants move out. This means that even if half are condos there is no saying when the rest will be sound "proofed".

i would have loved to go on the roof if there wasn't a blizzard going on outside. I also had the same thought as someone mentioned before about the halls being very bland. I hope they eventually do something about that, the condos are awesome, but the halls are bland as can be.

i would have loved to go on the roof if there wasn't a blizzard going on outside. I also had the same thought as someone mentioned before about the halls being very bland. I hope they eventually do something about that, the condos are awesome, but the halls are bland as can be.

Archived