The Boardwalk Condominiums

GRDadof3

FWIW, I attended school at GR-MERC in the bottom level of the building, directly below what was then the Waterworks Pub. Could hear every footstep and every chair being pulled out (although never did hear any conversation). We would get out of class early :yahoo: whenever a band would set up there, since it would completely drown out everything the professor says. Awesome looking building, the courtyard is amazing, but I would be very concerned about the noise if it were I. Just my $0.02.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Another day at the Boardwalk:

4 am - awakened by neighbors alarm (every day!)

4:40 am - awakened by snow plowing in commercial lot - truck has faulty muffler - fix it!

5:30 am - food truck delivery - keep that motor running!

followed by: dumpster emptying for building and at various adjacent businesses.

And service call for heater problem - third time in 5 months!

I think I can top you. Try living in an apartment complex in Chicago with a huge train yard directly behind you and O'Hare International Airport a few blocks away. An "EL" train or a huge freight train would come rolling by every five minutes making for an earthquake like experience whilst an Airplane thundered over head as it was taking off or landing about every three minutes. Then if it were not for those things, there was always the screaming and yelling of a domestic violences case or two going on outside or in the next door unit. This went on non stopped 24/7. Thank Heaven that experience is now a distance memory as the family and I moved here into the GR area twenty years ago.

4:40 am - awakened by snow plowing in commercial lot - truck has faulty muffler - fix it!

I think I can top you. Try living in an apartment complex in Chicago with a huge train yard directly behind you and O'Hare International Airport a few blocks away. An "EL" train or a huge freight train would come rolling by every five minutes making for an earthquake like experience whilst an Airplane thundered over head as it was taking off or landing about every three minutes. Then if it were not for those things, there was always the screaming and yelling of a domestic violences case or two going on outside or in the next door unit. This went on non stopped 24/7. Thank Heaven that experience is now a distance memory as the family and I moved here into the GR area twenty years ago.

in college i lived int he dorms for 4 years and we had all those things (loud plows, the trash man throwing the dumpster around, and cinder block walls). it's not that hard to get used to it all. now the el train and the airport...i could see that.

What do you want to know about the floors? The parking lot seems to be as safe as it can be, no problems. Boardwalk saw that there is a sound prooofing problem so there is a lot of money being spent to quiet down the condos, the problem will be that you won't get the full effect of the sound proofing until more people move in and get their condos sound proofed. For example you'll hear the person above you until someone buys that condo and they put rubber flooring down.

I do neither. GRDad mistakenly thought i was Arija. I've had numerous friends live in Boardwalk and i'm going to be purchasing sometime. I just know what is good and bad about Boardwalk since i've spent so much time there.

Archived