The Boardwalk Condominiums

GRDadof3

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do neither. GRDad mistakenly thought i was Arija. I've had numerous friends live in Boardwalk and i'm going to be purchasing sometime. I just know what is good and bad about Boardwalk since i've spent so much time there.

From my experiences there with the sound proofing there shouldn't be much bad (as long as the sound proofing works as they say). Right now the apartments are loud and you can hear your neighbors.

The Good:

exposed brick

exposed heating and cooling

game room

bar

weight room

covered parking

Movie room

it's set up to attract young tennents

pool/hot tub

top floor owns the roof above the condo

inexpensive compared to other downtown condos

The bad:

the sound proofing may not be enough

not every condo has exposed brick (i think it's 1/2 and 1/2)

the top floor is really loud when it rains

no balconies on the outside or top floor

the cost structure is confusing (possibly just to me)

To me, moving from an apartment to a condo like this is a no-brainer, i've come to deal with hearing some from neighbors and it just.

From my experiences there with the sound proofing there shouldn't be much bad (as long as the sound proofing works as they say). Right now the apartments are loud and you can hear your neighbors.

The Good:

exposed brick

exposed heating and cooling

game room

bar

weight room

covered parking

Movie room

pool/hot tub

top floor owns the roof above the condo

inexpensive compared to other downtown cond

The bad:

not every condo has exposed brick (i think it's 1/2 and 1/2)

the top floor is really loud when it rains

no balconies on the outside or top floor

the cost structure is confusing (possibly just to me)

To me, moving from an apartment to a condo like this is a no-brainer, i've come to deal with hearing some from neighbors and it just.

Other good:

riverfront park across the street

close to Grand River fishing

Other bad:

Stay away from north side. Near dumpsters and delivery dock of complex and adjacent businesses.

Unsecure building - anyone can get on elevators and resident floors. Other businesses in the complex have access to residential floors.

(this is very very understated!) Do a sound check before you buy.

Agreed.

But where is everybody experiencing the "urban life". I walk around the city all the time, in all sorts of weather, and don't see many people. (A jogger or two maybe) The walk from Boardwalk to city center is (frankly) creepy at times. Did you ever see the Twilight Zone episode where the city is desolate and without forms of life? That's what I'm talkin about.

And don't dis fishing...cuz fishin an huntin is what Michigan is all about! There were people fishing by the dam last Sunday. (windchill 15 degrees!)

Agreed.

But where is everybody experiencing the "urban life". I walk around the city all the time, in all sorts of weather, and don't see many people. (A jogger or two maybe) The walk from Boardwalk to city center is (frankly) creepy at times. Did you ever see the Twilight Zone episode where the city is desolate and without forms of life? That's what I'm talkin about.

And don't dis fishing...cuz fishin an huntin is what Michigan is all about! There were people fishing by the dam last Sunday. (windchill 15 degrees!)

I don't know if you have to work for them to know what number they are currently on. I knew what number Riverhouse was on most of the time. In most cases all you need to do is ask. Communications are a key part between Developer/Sales/Buyers etc. On the other hand he/she knows a lot of the place, but as he/she mentioned knowing several of the current/past tenants too.

Just to the South of there at the corner of 6th and Monroe is the old WAM site, that has been looked at for redevelopment. Just gotta get the numbers to work. In addition, Devries has plans to add on to the North side of Landmark Lofts. The images were posted here somewhere, but I don't know the timeframe.

I worked in Monroe North for a while and I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of pedestrians around there, even on weekends. I'm not sure what you guys are comparing it to, but it's much better than it was 5 years ago.

lol, i email Arija and asked, i actually copied and pasted the email she sent back to me because someone asked what number they were at...GRDadof3 took the "Thanks, Arija" part out of the email because he thought i was Arija. Notice the part that says "Yesterday:", meaning that she sent it to me the day before, and the "(350)" part meaning my number is 350 ;). plus the post a page back that says that i'm number 350. If i worked for them, i wouldn't feel bad about defending the place, trust me. There are a lot of developers here telling inside info on projects, i'm just not one of them.

Just to the South of there at the corner of 6th and Monroe is the old WAM site, that has been looked at for redevelopment. Just gotta get the numbers to work. In addition, Devries has plans to add on to the North side of Landmark Lofts. The images were posted here somewhere, but I don't know the timeframe.

I worked in Monroe North for a while and I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of pedestrians around there, even on weekends. I'm not sure what you guys are comparing it to, but it's much better than it was 5 years ago.

THey started with 230, some people who had apartments bought their apartments. I'm not sure how many are bought, but a lot of people put their money down and decided against purchasing a condo. I would assume this is because of the age group that they are mareketed to, they just don't understand the whole cost of ownership (past mortgage).

Archived