The Boardwalk Condominiums

GRDadof3

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
No, I am a renter. I sure wish that someone would buy the units around me so that the "miracle" soundproofing would be installed and I could get a good nights sleep and privacy.

My new-fangled soundproofing: ear plugs...and a pillow over my ears!

well working off of (stealing) luma's idea i created www.boardwalkforums.com i know that few people from boardwalk post on here, but the condos are filling up and it would be nice to have a place just for boardwalk people to talk about the condo.

No, I am a renter. I sure wish that someone would buy the units around me so that the "miracle" soundproofing would be installed and I could get a good nights sleep and privacy.

My new-fangled soundproofing: ear plugs...and a pillow over my ears!

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to report back that i bought a condo on the 5th floor of Boardwalk and i was AMAZED at how quite it is. I didn't think anyone lived around me (they were awaiting renovation) until I met them all. Even with nothing turned on i can't hear another person. After all the talk about how loud it is at Boardwalk, i was a little scared, but i LOVE it.

I have a question also:

Why do you think Boardwalk never caught on in popularity like Union Square or Icon on Bond? Because it was already apartments?

I just wanted to report back that i bought a condo on the 5th floor of Boardwalk and i was AMAZED at how quite it is. I didn't think anyone lived around me (they were awaiting renovation) until I met them all. Even with nothing turned on i can't hear another person. After all the talk about how loud it is at Boardwalk, i was a little scared, but i LOVE it.

I have a question also:

Why do you think Boardwalk never caught on in popularity like Union Square or Icon on Bond? Because it was already apartments?

I have a question also:

I have a question also:

I don't mean caught on as in sold well. Icon on Bond figured out that they needed to replan when they decided to build a hotel instead of a second building. I just mean the hype and anticipation. Boardwalk put in a pool, hot tub, game room, movie theater, parking ramp roof...they did a lot other than build from the ground up (icon) or re-do the whole building (union square). Talking to friends that live in Union Square, i hear the same gripes as i hear from people who have lived in and live in Boardwalk; it just seems as though Union Square, Icon and Riverhouse have produced more hype (possibly the impressive crane at riverhouse) and less of a backlash than Boardwalk.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived