Urban Planet Meet Up, Take 2!

DaiDreamer5

Since the holidays have past, I think we should try to organize another meet up. I believe the last one fell apart due to unexpected on forum drama and poor planning. I started a new thread in hopes that we will have a fresh start on all of this with out the bad feelings from before.

I'm going to throw out a date and time and I guess we will work from there...

January 14, 2006 at the Downtown Cool Grindz around 3pm sound good? I figured we could drink coffee and chat for a bit and perhaps have a walking tour around the downtown projects.

So what do you guys think? :yahoo:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the holidays have past, I think we should try to organize another meet up. I believe the last one fell apart due to unexpected on forum drama and poor planning. I started a new thread in hopes that we will have a fresh start on all of this with out the bad feelings from before.

I'm going to throw out a date and time and I guess we will work from there...

January 14, 2006 at the Downtown Cool Grindz around 3pm sound good? I figured we could drink coffee and chat for a bit and perhaps have a walking tour around the downtown projects.

So what do you guys think? :yahoo:

I think that actually sounds like a meeting with a purpose. Could I suggest you give us at least a month to plan for this. With school starting back next week there's no telling what type of pressures will be on many of us. Could late January early Feb be possible. I like the location. And I love the idea of touring project sites.

I think that actually sounds like a meeting with a purpose. Could I suggest you give us at least a month to plan for this. With school starting back next week there's no telling what type of pressures will be on many of us. Could late January early Feb be possible. I like the location. And I love the idea of touring project sites.

Ah, yes, that school thing. :rofl: Even though I graduate just this spring, the school schedule has gotten away from me. :whistling: After you get your schedules next week, those of you guys that are students should let us know what date is good for you. I don't want to plan this around midterms and I'd personally prefer a Saturday since I can take a bus downtown.

Saturday is a great day to be downtown, with the market going and all. I hope to finalize my schedule this coming saturday and after that I'll be more comfortable setting a date.

That's why I was making it in the afternoon. For those people who want to enjoy the market and also for those who like to sleep in.

I have some smallish plans for more meetups if this one goes well. I'll discuss them at the meetup, since those are probably the people who would be more interested (and the curious might just show up for that :P )

I could definitely do Saturday. That'd work.

Off topic, I'm actually hosting a get-together tomorrow night. Tomorrow is the season premier of "Monk" on USA, and I'm hosting a Monk party. If any of you are interested, let me know....

The venue for the get together, would it still be Cool Grindz?

I could definitely do Saturday. That'd work.

Off topic, I'm actually hosting a get-together tomorrow night. Tomorrow is the season premier of "Monk" on USA, and I'm hosting a Monk party. If any of you are interested, let me know....

The venue for the get together, would it still be Cool Grindz?

The venue will still be Cool Grindz. It would probably be a long walk for a downtown tour from anywhere else! :rofl:

We are not doing the meetup this Saturday, but a Saturday later on (as a consideration to the students on the board). I would like to get this ball rolling in the next few weeks however.

i may pass up on the tour of DT, bcause honestly I ride through on my bike whenver i ride urban. But meeting people enjoys me. i am poor, so no insults if i chose to just chill wit u

No offense would be taken by me. I'm poor too so I completely understand one who comes to meet, greet, and go. When we do meet I have a story to tell myself. But I'll save all of the suspenseful details for the meeting.

This is a reminder that there is a meetup this Saturday, January 21st at the Downtown Cool Grindz Coffee House at 3pm.

We will spend some time socializing and then go for a walking tour of the Downtown Projects.

By the way, TJ, will you be leading the tour? I'm not as familiar with the downtown area as you are. ;) If not, maybe you could make up a map?

i am RSVP-ing with a 70% sure-ness... I have a friend arriving saturday afternoon and i will be his ride from the Aport. If i come, i shall be on my bike aswell.. though i had a good spill on wahnish way yesterday... anyone see me. LOL. oh, twas all my fault too, but that hill is so fast, and my brakes are too good. sorry to the SUV i almost hit and scared, thanks for using ur turn signal... i just suck ;)

i am RSVP-ing with a 70% sure-ness... I have a friend arriving saturday afternoon and i will be his ride from the Aport. If i come, i shall be on my bike aswell.. though i had a good spill on wahnish way yesterday... anyone see me. LOL. oh, twas all my fault too, but that hill is so fast, and my brakes are too good. sorry to the SUV i almost hit and scared, thanks for using ur turn signal... i just suck ;)

:rofl:

Archived