Little Rock Restaurants

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Nu is closing May 4th. The chef is leaving. He want to "pursue a more casual, family-oriented business". I have also read he bought Continental Cuisine which, owns the Purple Cow restaurants. The owners said they are going to reconfigure Nu into a more family oriented place. It will be renamed and open in the fall.

Little Rock needs a couple of Thai places in the worst way. You can get Thai at a couple of places, Saigon Cuisine makes some good Thai dishes even though it is really Vietnamese, but there has been no Thai restaurant since Thai Siam on Markham closed its doors. That place was really 2nd rate anyway, LR needs a nice sitdown Thai place more akin to Fu Lin or Hunan's in size, decor, and quality of food.

Oh, if I only knew the right people. That's an investment bound to have good returns.

• 1 month later...
Little Rock needs a couple of Thai places in the worst way. You can get Thai at a couple of places, Saigon Cuisine makes some good Thai dishes even though it is really Vietnamese, but there has been no Thai restaurant since Thai Siam on Markham closed its doors. That place was really 2nd rate anyway, LR needs a nice sitdown Thai place more akin to Fu Lin or Hunan's in size, decor, and quality of food.

whatever happened to the talk of several new to the market restaurants coming to the Hwy 10/Taylor Loop area? I remember reading about it a month or so ago but have not seen any signs or any more info on this board.

Also, I saw where the signage is up now for Bonefish Grill in Pleasant Ridge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Copeland's and Red Lobsters aren't in the same ball park. Copeland's is New Orleans cuisine. It's seafood used more in sauces or stuffing and not your Fried or Boil basic affair. If your looking for straight seafood you don't want to go to Copeland's. I welcome Copeland's to LR area. Raised here and back here in AR but lived in NorthShore New Orleans for the past 10 yrs and welcome such great food to the area. We ate there often and did not have one bad dish. By the way, if you love Popeye's this is the same guy (Al Copeland) that started that chain. Maybe someday Semolina's of Covington will open a restaurant here as well.......great place to take kids.

Copeland's and Red Lobsters aren't in the same ball park. Copeland's is New Orleans cuisine. It's seafood used more in sauces or stuffing and not your Fried or Boil basic affair. If your looking for straight seafood you don't want to go to Copeland's. I welcome Copeland's to LR area. Raised here and back here in AR but lived in NorthShore New Orleans for the past 10 yrs and welcome such great food to the area. We ate there often and did not have one bad dish. By the way, if you love Popeye's this is the same guy (Al Copeland) that started that chain. Maybe someday Semolina's of Covington will open a restaurant here as well.......great place to take kids.

Archived