The Food Thread

gs3

I moved up here from Orlando, myself. I hear ya on the cuisine scene in O-Town. My favorite places in Orlando to dine were also on Disney Property ... Bongo's (part of a small chain, Downtown Disney West Side) and the Rose and Crown (EPCOT). I'd wager that the Fench Restaurant to which you're referring is Le Coq Au Vin on South Orange Ave., no?

Sorry for the delayed reply, I sometimes get scooped up with work and can't focus on anything outside of it.

As for the Gville scene vs. O-town, that's good to hear from someone who lived there also so I know it's not "just me". Yes that is the French Restaurant I was talking about...kind of sad we can figure it out that easy eh? :blink: LOL

As for Disney, the problem for me was that I was employed by them at the time so going "out" was like going to work. :lol:

Glad to hear about all the great restaurants in Greenville...makes me even more curious about the city. Well that and it was 2 degrees this morning here in CT. :shok::lol:

Edited by JayHass

Funny, when you look through almost any thread on UP, restaurants and food pop up. You can certainly tell what's on our minds! :D

What is your favorite restaurant? Your favorite food at that restaurant? And why? Can be any place, any type, just whatever your favorite is.

For those who occasionally like to break the bank on dinner, I would highly recommend 33 Liberty. The location is curious, but the food is always excellent and atmosphere is comfortable (the small, locally owned variety). North Hampton Wine would run second, in my opinion, for the pricey yet fabulous category.

• 2 weeks later...

wow - my FIRST post - i've been a lurker for a few months now - LOVE the site!

anyway, quick Q for anyone in the know - what happened to Moretti's Pizza? I see there is another pizza place coming to that location but is it still run by Moretti's? if not, has Moretti's moved? and, most importantly, WHERE?

I must admit I'm a bit of a food snob, growing up in Philly, then living in ATL for about 10 years and being spoiled by great restaurants in those cities...here, my overall favs are:

Latitude

Northampton Wine Cafe

Sassafras

Stax Peppermill

;)

Welcome to UrbanPlanet.org, phillygal! :D I'm glad you decided to post your thoughts! Keep letting us know what you find and think about everything happening in the area.

When did you hear/see that Moretti's moved? As of Spring 2005, they were located at 115 Pelham Road, and their phone number was, (864) 235-5003. I've never tried them (how embarrasing), but I have heard they are great. gsupstate should be able to help out, since he mentioned it previously. :thumbsup:

Welcome to UP phillygal! I've been traveling alot and haven't made it to Moretti's in a couple of months. They've always been my favorite pizza....they were a Buffalo family that moved here....their Moretti's original was one of those longtime family recipes. I always called in and picked up.....I just tried their number and you get a message that says simply "you have reached XXXXXX thanks for calling" and hangs up. I think I'm about to cry. :cry: I'll try to make it by there this week and see what I can find out. If they are gone, it certainly isn't due to lack of business. The place was always packed!

I thought that they were moving to Mauldin or something like that. At least that is what I remember reading here on UP

The last I heard from the developers of Crescentwood Village in Mauldin (Butler Rd and I-385), Morettis was moving into the middle building. But I was there a couple days ago and there has been no upfitting going on in that location.