The Food Thread

gs3

I don't know if this has been metioned but across from Riverplace they are opening an Oyster Bar. It will be in the old Sit n Spin records building and they building next to it. I guess they are going to join the buildings together....the address will be 11 Camperdown Way.

Never been in to oysters myself, but at least they are trying to do something with that side of the street.

Firday night I went to the Bistro 107 Pre-opening event, can't pass up free Hors D'Oeuvres, beer, and Champagne. The place looks great, the owners are very friendly, the food was awsome, and it was just a great time.

Went to the Great Bay Oyster House after that and had a blast as well. They had their biggest night ever firday night. Go Greer!

Witht he density of Quality establishments in or coming to Greer, it will really build a name for itself.

ate last night at The Great Bay Oyster House, had their 10oz Snake River Farms "American Kobe" Hamburger.

It is the BEST Burger I have ever had, amazing, so juicy ever time I took a bite juice flowed everywhere, so tasty no condiments are needed. A real must have.

ate last night at The Great Bay Oyster House, had their 10oz Snake River Farms "American Kobe" Hamburger.

It is the BEST Burger I have ever had, amazing, so juicy ever time I took a bite juice flowed everywhere, so tasty no condiments are needed. A real must have.

I like the webiste for Great Bay....need to check it out. Is it in downtown Greer?

Pawleys' Charcoal Steakhouse is excellent. I had the beer can chicken there last night and loved it. My friend had a charcoaled steak and she loved it!

The Blockhouse is excellent for Oysters and they have a lot of great other food too.

Giovanni's is the best Italian in the Upstate!

I think Pawley's is excellent! :thumbsup: They have this appetizer that's home-made potato chips, with a blue chesse sauce....INCREDIBLE! Can't wait to see this place open up more locations. Great addition to the Greenville restaurant list! :thumbsup:

Ya on Poinsett St. Across from Gerard's.

Thanks btoy. I'll definitely check it out!

I think Pawley's is excellent! :thumbsup: They have this appetizer that's home-made potato chips, with a blue chesse sauce....INCREDIBLE! Can't wait to see this place open up more locations. Great addition to the Greenville restaurant list! :thumbsup:

Thanks btoy. I'll definitely check it out!

The chips are awesome! We got those last night with the blue cheese and melted cheese. Hmmmmmm, good! I also got the beer can chicken and it was excellent!

So I had dinner at Gerard's on Saturday night. Will not be going back.

Just an all around awful experience. The service was slow. The food was slow and overpriced. The management was unapologetic.

Not good to hear. I wonder is the management is having trouble with their success. Early on they got rave reviews and I know now it's always packed. This weekend was really bad at several restaurants. I think the Valentines crowd was out in full force. Places were packed!

Another review of Mimi's Cafe.

Mimi's Rocks! I took the family there for a late lunch today after Girl Scouts. I was amazed that, as soon as we sat down, they brought out a small plate with a small ramekin filled with Cherrios, a slice of orange, and a package of captain's wafers for my baby boy. That definitely answered any concerns that my wife had over whether it was a family-friendly restaurant or not.

The food was great, too! The all-around experience was very pleasant.